1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keene HSR1000 Mk 2 SCART switch box - any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alanfcross, Mar 4, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I can't find a better one! I'm trying to connect a myriad of inputs to my plasma panel's SCART input. I'm looking at the Keene electronics HSR1000, which looks like it will do the job. It's a sort of 7-in/4-out switching matrix.
    The question is, does it buffer all the video input signals, or just switch them through? I might want to send a particualr source simultaneously to both plasma and VCR, for instance.
    If it just switches, then you can only put one output to one input at a time, or suffer double impedance loading (video signalling). If it buffers and amplifies, does this impair quality? I was not entirely convinced that the tech support guy knew what he was telling me. Perhaps it doesn't buffer, but relies in AGC in the receiving devices to compensate for double loading - not good from several standpoints!
    Has anyone used this box, and is it any good?
    TIA.