Kearneys arcade control box

Kearney

I have just finished my custom arcade control box primarily for mame on my PC. It uses a 8 way J-Stik and 6 fire buttons. The rough dimensions are 10 x 7 x 3.75 ". The keyboard was a I-pac 2 from ultimarc which is where i got all of the buttons and joystick.
I though i'd post a few pics of the construction.

Top layout
47678382.jpg

Wiring
47678372.jpg

Done wiring
47678398.jpg

Finished
47678394.jpg

tha-dizzle

Hey,
Love the arcade control !!! Quick question as im starting to build my own mame system wheres the best place to get the stick itself and the various buttons ???

Any help would be great. Cheers.

DIZZLE

Bursar

Novice Member
You can get all the controls from Happ. They have a UK distribution point and are very helpful.

Ultimarc for the I-PACs are also great people to deal with.

Just try not to get too carried away an end up building a 4 player monster cabinet :)

cp9.jpg

tha-dizzle

Yea i think ill keep it simple by doing a 2 player.

Plus a 4 player cabinet will take up far to much room.

Thank for the help.

DIZZLE

Kearney

Hey' thats nice Bursar. Ideal for playing 4 player Simpsons arcade at home :clap: .

I am already planning my next project, a slightly larger and slimmer box with a Euro stick and aluminium top panel. I wish i made the box slightly larger as the bottom row buttons are a bit awkward with no where to rest the wrist.

Fisrt rule make sure all the buttons and joystick are in comfortable positions before drilling holes:rolleyes:

Bursar

Novice Member
Kearney, you're quite right. You might just be able to notice in the pic I posted that I had some paper templates of the stick and button locations. I just stuck those to the wood and kept moving them about a bit until everything was comfy.

Got the wife to stand next to me as player 2 to check for elbow room, and then once everything was sorted, I just drilled through the templates.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom