• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KDLV40A12U, LE40M61B or TH42PV500?? That is the question

nburcombe

One plasma versus 2 LCD's - cananyone give me any advice. Is the Bravia V Series better than I'm seeing it in the shops? It's expensive, but it's on my list coz I can get a disount on it. The TH42PV500 and 37" looked very good today opn high def feeds and the Samsung LE40M61B is looking like an amazing spec but I can't make a desicion. I guess this should be in the LCD section but I'd value any opinons to support plasma over LCD. I get the impression that the plasma technology has com a long wany in recent years, but I'm naturally concerned about logo-burn or image retention or whatever else it's called.

Plasma owners - what say you? Any Samsung owners please come forward....

davieg1

Looking in the plasma section it seems that a new range of Panasonic plasmas are due out in March and are going to be reasonably priced as well.

Could you wait a few weeks to see them or would that add to your dilema?

I have an sd panny myself and have no probs with screen burn etc. I cant comment on theHD ones but Panasonic is supposed to be a reliable brand

nburcombe

Thanks for the advice - I may hang fire. Anyone know anything of these new Panasonic TV's? Specs? Sizes? Prices? I'd love to see some more models to distract me...lol

UPDATE: Couldn't wait - TH37PV500WAL on it's way. Final decision came down to one thing - I know for a fact this TV does what I want it do picture quality-wise and connectivity-wise, so I'm happy. Of course that might change in six months time, but I've gone with my original gut instinct from 6 months ago when I first saw the 37PV500 running HD material - difference is now it's £500-600 less. £1700 from sound and vision inc bracket. I'm happy with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom