• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KDL40W2000 - Adjusting Red Tones.

G

georgedingwall

Hi all,

My new TV arrived today, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I've done a bit of research here and in other forums about what might be a good starting point for setting it up.

I've only got SD for the momment. I'm not ready to go HD yet. I have an upscalling DVD player on order and I have Sky SD. The SD picture is much better than my old Toshiba 32" CRT set.

I've not noticed any of the clouding that has been talked about with these sets.

The one thing I'm a little confused about is how to turn down the red tones. When there is a solid red coloured object in a picture, it looks a bit over-saturated. If I turn the colour setting down, the whole picture is affected not just the reds.

Is there a setting I can adjust which will allow me to de-saturate the reds a little without badly affecting the rest of the colours?

Many thanks for any help.

George Dingwall.

teknokat

Established Member
Try changing colour space under advanced picture settings to normal, it should help tone down the reds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom