• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KDL40V3000 1080i hdmi issue

airline1

Established Member
Hi,
I have a Topfield 5810 freeview pvr connected via hdmi. When I select 1080i from the Topfield settings menu, the TV gives a message saying 'unsupported signal, check your device output'.

It is definintely not a Topfield issue as other users have no problem with other models of TV. Also another user has reported the same problem with the same model sony as mine.

Although it is not a real problem as 720p looks fine, I am curious as to why it would have a problem with this particular setting. Am I correct in thinking that it should have no problem handling 1080i?

Cheers
Dave

Dankeech

Prominent Member
Hi Dave, it may be your HDMI cable. What make/model/length is it and do you have another cable you can try?

Dan.

airline1

Established Member
Hi Dan,

Sorry for the late reply.

It is definitely not the cable I have tried 3 all to no avail. It works fine for 480 and 720 but the TV just seems to throw its toys out the pram when I select 1080 on the Topfield.

Another poster with the same model TV is experiencing the same problem so it looks like something which is peculiar to this particular model TV and the Topfield. Other sources such as PS3 work fine with a 1080 setting.

720 looks fine to be honest and I do not think there would be any additional benefit to upscaling a freeview signal to 1080, but it would be interesting to know why there is a problem with it recognising the toppy.

Thanks
Dave

Dankeech

Prominent Member
Hi Dave,
Not really sure on this one. Normally it's HDMI cable that causes this or running cable too next to mains cables, though personally I don't use HDMI myself. Perhaps try Component?

Dan.

tvmonkey

Established Member
It's something to do with the firmware on the Sony. There is an update available. I'd suggest contacting whichever store you bought it from.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom