KDL40D3000 owners

ajm007

Novice Member
Can someone that owns a Sony KDL40D3000 tell me if it has 1 or 2 tuners? I need to know if it has a tuner that has the option of tuning in something like a vcr or cctv cam through the aerial socket? I am wanting to know this as i am planning on ordering in the morning.:lease:

J

j3000

I think it has one radio tuner that is shared between analogue and digital processing systems. Remember that the digital TV channels are in the same frequency range as the analogue so the actual tuning into the frequency is common but the processing required on the signal to recover pictures are different.

It can also receive pictures on analogue cable networks and digital ones with some supported operators (none in UK):
http://support.sony-europe.com/TV/DVBC/dvbc.asp?l=en

So:

Number of tuners: 1
Analogue TV reception terrestrial and cable (PAL(various flavours), SECAM?,others?): YES
DVB-T Digital TV reception (DTT): YES
DVB-C Digital Cable TV reception where supported:YES

In answer to whether it can tune into a VCR or CCTV camera - yes. Provided it is on a normal TV frequency and doesn't clash with a real broadcast is should work fine.

Yannis

Novice Member
Sony D3000 has one tuner (hybrid tuner meaning it's analogue and digital at the same time).

ajm007

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies.:) Forgive me for not understanding this. The main thing i want to know is can i tune in a vcr maually like on a standard crt tv with normal channels 1-5?

J

j3000

Thanks for the replies.:) Forgive me for not understanding this. The main thing i want to know is can i tune in a vcr maually like on a standard crt tv with normal channels 1-5?
I think it will auto tune at startup. Make sure your vcr is on.

MrLOL

Novice Member
Thanks j3000 It's not actually for a vcr it's for cctv but i know what you mean.:)

despite only having the "one" tuner

it does have a normal analogue tuner, and should display your CCTV on an analogue station fine.

but because it has only "one" tuner. You'll need to find a way of joining together the RF feed of your aerial, and the RF feed of your CCTV (fairly easy, and i assume you already have ? )

ajm007

Novice Member
Yes thanks i have already joined them both together with a signal booster. I phoned Sony and asked them about the tuner thing and it does have the ability to view both. The reason they say number of tuners 1 is that if you are recording from say freeview then you can't watch analouge.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom