KDL40D3000 or wait for 1080p 100hz?

It's not 1080p, it just accepts the signal and downscales to native res.

CDJay

I got the D3000 fantastic TV I really wouldn’t worry about 1080p unless you sit 3 inches from the screen believe me.

Why the Sony site says that W3000 has motion flow +100Hz like the X3500 if it has not 100Hz? Look at the logos at the bottom of the product web site.

if you dont mind to wait, you will get the best of both worlds.

there is some truth in what he says though... many people cannot see much or any difference between 720p and 1080p at normal viewing distances. i bought the 32inch d3000 for my parents as a gift and i must say i was hugely impressed with the picture quality on freeview. makes my 2 year old top of the range sony lcd look fairly poor, i thought.

i must admit thought that i am thinking of upgrading my TV but would prefer to get the 1080 version... but thats maybe because im very fussy.

I got the D3000 fantastic TV I really wouldn’t worry about 1080p unless you sit 3 inches from the screen believe me.

totally agree. for me it was 40inch D3000 for £800 or £1000 more for a Sony 1080p 100hz (X3000\3500), as I'm not mad I decided to buy the D3000.

PQ on Sky+ is fantastic, football is great and upscaled DVD's via my Samsung 1080p7 player are flawless!

If you really want 1080p 100hz then look at the Sharp, Samsung or Tosh as they will be alot cheaper.

Just been to a few audio/visual places. Majority of the people saying that 100hz means nowt with LCD. Which puts me back to square one. Starting to lose my appetite for this TV purchasing lark. Someone show me a guiding light! :-(

Why the Sony site says that W3000 has motion flow +100Hz like the X3500 if it has not 100Hz? Look at the logos at the bottom of the product web site.

ask sony

its not in the product spec though. Funny thing is though, same thing happened in the USA. Product brief had the motionflow logo on, but the product spec didnt

TVs didnt have it

so god knows why somebody put the logo on there.

Just been to a few audio/visual places. Majority of the people saying that 100hz means nowt with LCD. Which puts me back to square one. Starting to lose my appetite for this TV purchasing lark. Someone show me a guiding light! :-(

if you can get a good one i would grab a samsung lem40 i have owned two now
my first one was a right duffer but the second one is perfect

have also had two r87 37 inchers as well

i have watched loads of football on all the screens and i would say the lem model is nigh on perfect for sky plus

im looking forward to watching sky hd on it but for the time being it does me perfect

under 900 quid online delivered now as well

Please help I am confused which lcd to buy I have been told the kdl40W is better than the kdl40D3000. John Lewis prices are expensive its seem to be slightly cheaper on the D3000. Please help me decide.

Honest I have the D3000 just finished this afternoon installing SKY HD and was watching BBC HD previews this afternoon well pleased, and I’ll put my head on the block again I'm sure some people knowing they have 1080p swear it makes a difference, (50” yes 1080P) correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 32” is not considered worthy of 1080p because you would need your nose pressed on the screen to see it, 40” is bigger I know but again at a sensible distance you won’t see the difference well I can’t, I would even go as far to say that SD on my LCD TV is a lot better then it was on my old Philips CRT 32” wide screen paper weight, even on this very forum I have seen posts saying SD on LCD is crap, this got me quite bothered when looking around with a view to buying an LCD TV, but I'm very happy indeed with my purchase.
It is hard choosing a TV LCD or plasma and I'm sure you will eventually take the plunge so the best of luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom