KDL32V2500 and the KDL40V2500

Keri

Please help

I’m torn between the Sony KDL32V2500 and the KDL40V2500

I sit approx 7 feet away from the screen and have read that for the 40” you need to be further away in a ideal world plus the picture quality closer isn’t meant to be that good any closer

Would prefer the 40" as always wanted bigger screen but not at the cost of the picture. My mate have a 32" and it is truly stunning

I currently have Sky plus, Panny home cinema and PS2 that will be connected to my tv.

The money is not the issue here, just would like to get the most suitable for my set-up.

I hope this makes sense :)

wellsyuk

Standard Member
I went for the 32 - which has amazing PQ. I noticed unless you are running upscaled dvd's or HD, the standard definition for the 40 was too pixilated for my eyes and I kept finding faults with how it looked. That said if you're not using it mostly for SD then you should pick the 40 - my mate did and his PS3 looks nice on it particularly. I wish they did a 37" actually which would have fitted my room perfect and would be a good medium between the 2.
Depends if you wanna wait also for the better Bravia's coming out (you can end up waiting and waiting though..)

bluevortex

Please help

I sit approx 7 feet away from the screen and have read that for the 40” you need to be further away in a ideal world plus the picture quality closer isn’t meant to be that good any closer

Would prefer the 40" as always wanted bigger screen but not at the cost of the picture. My mate have a 32" and it is truly stunning

I currently have Sky plus, Panny home cinema and PS2 that will be connected to my tv.

The money is not the issue here, just would like to get the most suitable for my set-up.

I think sitting at 7ft from screen 40" will be fine. If it was my decision i would deffinately go for a 40 over a 32 - its seems very small by todays standards. Im considering a 46" display for my lounge

Blue

Keri

I think sitting at 7ft from screen 40" will be fine. If it was my decision i would deffinately go for a 40 over a 32 - its seems very small by todays standards. Im considering a 46" display for my lounge

Blue

that was my other dilemma, if a got a 32", then in 6 months for so , i think should of gone for the 40, slightly stuffed,

where as go straight for the 40"

After all size matters :clap: ;)

spice2019

Please help

At 7ft a 40" is too close for Sky SD, 7ft would be okay for HD though. I sit 9-10 ft away from a 32". My best advice would be go to a shop with a tape measure and see how you get on with both.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom