• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kdl-40t3500 Vs Kdl-40v3000

LANARKCAT

Standard Member
Hi whats the kdl-40v3000 got that the kdl-40t3500 hasnt.
apart from the t is on a swivel stand and the v is on a fixed stand.
and the t is 100 pounds cheaper.
what other differance is there between them?:smashin:

brain_stew

HDMI 1.3
24hz

The V3000 is also a newer panel, as the T3500 is apparently just a remodelled W2000. All things considered, I'd go with the V3000 as the W2000 was notorious for clouding.

LANARKCAT

Standard Member
to late i bought the t3500 i did look at the v3000 picture wise to me thay looked the same, looks wise the t3500 looks better on the eye in my opinion.
i,m happy with it great pic.thanks for the info. is 24 much better?:cool:

i almost forgot no clowds here i must have got a good one fingers crossed

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Nice,the only thing that will miss you is the 24p which becomes a must nowadays

54xhg

Hi,
Just got the sony kdl-40t3500 today,and wow what a tv,HD picture is amazing also the SD picture is very good as well.Anybody looking for a 40 inch 1080p lcd get this.

P.S. no clouding on mine:D:D

LANARKCAT

Standard Member
so what will the t3500 be then 1.2hdmi whith 25hz?
could someone explain whay the 24hz be that much of a big miss and why its important to have 24fps. please:lease:

brain_stew

so what will the t3500 be then 1.2hdmi whith 25hz?
could someone explain whay the 24hz be that much of a big miss and why its important to have 24fps. please:lease:

If you play a HD DVD or Bluray on the TV then you may experience judder on some shots. Though some people won't even notice this but some say they can't stand it, its kind of a personal thing. If you haven't got any devices capable of 1080P24 output (such as a PS3) then it is a non issue.

okgaz

Standard Member
If you play a HD DVD or Bluray on the TV then you may experience judder on some shots. Though some people won't even notice this but some say they can't stand it, its kind of a personal thing. If you haven't got any devices capable of 1080P24 output (such as a PS3) then it is a non issue.

How about an xbox 360? Is that better at 24Hz?

brain_stew

How about an xbox 360? Is that better at 24Hz?

The Xbox 360 can't output at 24hz, so no, its a non factor. This is only relevant for film content, i.e. Bluray and HD DVD discs. You'd want to output games at 60hz, which the T3500 will do just fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom