KDL-37P3020U @ £500: Best deal?

Dokko

Hi, not been keeping track of what's going on in terms of TV's for around a year, which is forever really, and jusy wanted to know is there anything better than the KDL-37P3020U for £500?

My mate just bought one from Play and i was blown away with the quality of the 360 on it and i though SD was more than acceptable if not a little soft.

I also liked how you can setup each AV channel separately in terms of colour, backlight contrast etc...Neat touch.

So 37"s of great quality Sony for £500, is there any better.

Thanks for viewing.

ChrisGgr

You cant go wrong with it very good model at this price range

Dokko

It really is stunning, i prefer it to the Samsung equivalent, and i'm a massive Samsung fan.

I've heard Sony suffer from lots of clouding issues, and its pot luck if you get a good screen (this due to poor quality control due to processing so many units) but when its right, its right.

Still like the Samsung range though, but this Sony has made me want to upgrade, i feel like i need this set! :D

ChrisGgr

nope clouding is not as it was with W2000.Its just at a low number of cases and all lcd's can have clouding

Dave1002

Novice Member
I purchased this model from Argos for £499 just after Christmas. The picture quality from a Panny VHS/DVD combo via HDMI is super and Sky via scart is fine. I am in a weakish Freeview area, invested in a high gain aerial and the sensitive tuner on the internal freeview has given me a full house of channels. Again the picture quality is great for SD with freeview.

Finally I have had no clouding or other quality issues with the unit and I doubt there is better value at 500 quid for 37 inches. My advice is go for it.

Dokko

Really tempted, just need that final nudge.

Surprised though to see no threads on the set (unless my searching isn't up to scratch) in the forums.