KDL-32V4000 TV Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Aveo88, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Aveo88

Aveo88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, ive recently purchased a KDL32V4000 TV. it works fine, im currently using it as my monitor using HDMI cable. my resoution is set to the optimum 1360 x 768.

the problem i have is that when i try to play the latest games it doesnt work. the games load up fine, In game Menus are all fine but as soon as i click play and it finishes loading the map or level it just crashes and returns straight to desktop.

ive updated my graphics card driver (Nvidia Geforce 7650 GS). ive tried re-installing my games, tried other games etc all to no avail. the problem i think is the resolution itself the optimum resolution (1360 x 768) isnt one that i can select from the menu in game. ive tried everywhere to get a driver for the TV so that the proper resolutions will appear in game as they would for your standard monitor.

anybody know what i can try next, or how to go about fixing this, without having to downgrade back to the standard monitor cable?

2. Aveo88

Aveo88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nobody got any suggestions :(

3. sapper696

sapper696

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    If your tv is receiving signal from PC the problem is with the PC not the TV.
    I am no expert, but have you set TV to except signals from PC.
    Private message Kingfats, he may be able to help.

4. Aveo88

Aveo88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh its recieving signals fine. theres nothing wrong with it. i just need some sort of program or driver to enable me to get the correct resolution of my TV when i play games etc.

5. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi Aveo88, it's not going to be a TV problem. The fact it displays in windows fine at that res show this.

Moving to PC's / Graphics Cards forum.

Dan.