KDL-32V4000 Panel Type

NX3

I've been googling but can't really find an answer to what sort of panel these model use. Does anyone know ?

Also what's the normal contrast ratio, not the dynamic ?

I know its a cheap model and doesn't compare to the W but its about half the price so pretty tempting.

Sukh88

Novice Member
S-PVA panel

Not to sure what the static contrast is but as a tv its great considering and is the best within this price range to :thumbsup:

NX3

Thanks for the quick reply. I plan to go look at one tomorrow see how it compares to a W series which I've seen before. For the money and from what I've read online its pretty good it seems. LCD tv move on so fast I think for now get something cheap and reasonable, upgrade next leap forward. If freeview HD starts next year like ofcom says the BBC, ITV etc plan I guess new models with new tuners will be out. mpeg4 tuners come on some sony in europe already....well thats my theory for now.

Nielo TM

Novice Member
the dynamic range is around 3000:1

anyway, you shouldn't have to worry. The 40V4000 is one of the BEST TVs on the market

Jan Pogonowski

Novice Member
the dynamic range is around 3000:1

anyway, you shouldn't have to worry. The 40V4000 is one of the BEST TVs on the market
He was on about the 32V4000, but if the 40V4000 is indeed one of the BEST TVs on the market then I may actually end up making a good choice in getting one. :smashin:

PeterCH

Standard Member
He was on about the 32V4000, but if the 40V4000 is indeed one of the BEST TVs on the market then I may actually end up making a good choice in getting one. :smashin:
No 32V4000 and 40V4000 are completely different:

32V4000: HD-Ready resolution, only Bravia engine
40V4000: Full-HD, Bravia-2 engine

ChrisGgr

the 32V4000 panel is S-PVA

ChrisGgr

it could but sony doesnt have panel lottery

Nielo TM

Novice Member
ahh they do (due to heavy demand). I think only Sharp use their own panels.

But it doesn't matter what panel you get cos they are all very good.

ChrisGgr

yeah overally in the line up there are models that use other panels too,but they are series specific(they dont vary models within a range)

Nielo TM

Novice Member
I know Sony uses AUO, S-LCD and CPT panels on their 26", 32", 37" and 40" models. So it is basically lottery, but this isn't such a big deal anymore.

And it all depends on demand.

Also, some Sony TVs are in fact assembled by 3rd party manufactures (Foxconn for example). Again, due to heavy demand.

Sony AUO - Google Search

Sony to contract Wistron to supply 37-inch LCD TVs - News Search on EMSNow

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

To other readers, don't be put-off by these links. At the end of the day, you're getting a Sony TV (and not an equivalent).

Also, I think all 1080p panels (accept 37") are either manufactured by Sharp or S-LCD (Samsung SDI).

NX3

Well I saw a 32V4000 next to a 32W4000 today and had a good play on them. The W had some nice features but they won't get used by my parents who the tv is for. So I've ordered the V from Amazon for under £400 including a 3 year warranty.

It replaces a dying CRT thats used to watch freeview and not much else. Lack of 1080p for example or XMB crossbar really isn't important to them. Easy to use is key and good freeview reciever as we live in an area covered by two transmitters. Sony digital tuners let you control everything and put channels in the right order which is important when we get duplicates. We've had Panasonic digital tuners and other brands, the lack of control, deleting, re-ordering etc makes them next to useless.

I'm sure we'll be happy for the cost, as long as the panel is as good as the demo unit I saw, no matter who made it.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom