KDL-20S2020 - problems with HDMI?

jtuggey

Standard Member
Hi,
Hope someone can advise.
Recently bought the above model for kitchen to connect to Sky HD. Ran 10m HDMI cable (Labgear) to kitchen. Picture is great, but once every 2 hrs, the 'signal' goes; TV goes blank for 1-2 seconds and then reacquires the HDMI signal. Thinking this was an issue with the cable length have now moved TV next to Sky box (using 1m HDMI cable that works fine with lounge KDL-32V2000). Whilst the picture no longer goes blank for 1-2 seconds, at appoximately the same time interval (i.e. 2 hours or so), the bottom half of the screen goes 'pixelly'. Again, lasts 1-2 seconds. This is not an issue with the satellite signal - these glitches are not there when I use Sky+ rewind etc.

I wonder whether this is an issue with the TV and (?) problems with HDCP. Wonder if anyone else has seen/heard of similar issues.

Thanks.

Dankeech

Hi Jtuggey
One thing to try in order to see if it's HDCP/HDMI at fault would be to run an alternate video connection between the two and see how that goes. At least you'll be able to rule out or diagnose as HDMI handling. That's be the first step. Perhaps SCcart, COmponent or S-video would be an idea to try.

Let me know how that goes and we can go on from there.

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom