Kdfe50a12 Angle of view ??

C

crash

I've been looking for but cannot find info regarding the angle of view for this set. On the Sony site it says "wideangle of view" but compared to what ? Could anybody with one of these give me a real world thought on viewing from anything other than square on. We have a corner unit and another 2 seater, so although it's not at an acute angle, it's a concern.

Thanks for any help

Crash

Bat-man

Have you been and looked at one of these sets?
I find that it has quite a good 'off centre' vewing angle.

C

crash

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes I have looked, but the problem as I se it is that the sets are always in areas that are brightly lit from above, and this obviously affects what you see.

Bat-man

I can confirm that I find no problem sitting up to 45 degrees off centre.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Its barely limited at all in the horizontal plane; it's more restricted vertically.

Bat-man

Thing is that if you sit at an acute angle everything (as on all displays) will look horizontally incorrect. Eg: A circle will look squashed horizontally and the apparent width of the screen will be narrower.

esdubu

The TV has an almost 180 degree viewing angle. Obviously the best position is diectly in front of it, but it is perfectly watchable from almost any angle. Like one of the prevoius posters stated it is more limited in the vertical plane than the horizontal.

Peter J Roberts

Standard Member
The Manual quotes 130 degrees I.E. 65 Deg right and left. Owning the set I can't say I disagree.

Sorry I CAN'T say I disagree

Bat-man

Peter J Roberts said:
The Manual quotes 130 degrees I.E. 65 Deg right and left. Owning the set I can say I disagree.

Erm - better or worse?

Bat-man

Peter J Roberts said:
Sorry Type o I CAN'T say I disagree with 130 degrees
Probaly easier to have said 'I agree'.
These double negatives ;)
:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom