Kdf-50e2000????

Amar

I'm having a hard enough time deciding between the sets currently on the market without throwing this spanner in the works..:suicide:

M

Media_Man

Amar said:
I'm having a hard enough time deciding between the sets currently on the market without throwing this spanner in the works..:suicide:

Ain't that the truth !!!!!! :confused:

M

methos

Holy S***!!!

I was just about to go for the A12'er. Thank god you posted that :thumbsup:

Although......august is ages yet. I don't know if I can wait that long!!!!

HELP :lease:

kourosh

Distinguished Member
dragon76 said:
http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Sony_KDF-50E2000_kdf50e2000_kdfe2000_kdfe2000.html

I was just checking out the current prices of the KDFE50 and saw this on cheapelectricals.co.uk - Anybody got any info about this??

Sony KDF50E2000- expected august 2006
HD ready, WXGA panel, Freeview-IDTV, cinema black pro dividers, 3d comb filter, virtual dolby, BBE digital, 2x HDMI, front component input, PC input.

PRICE INC VAT & DELIVERY £1,236.00

dont forget the 10,000-1 contrast ratio;)

H

heatwave

This set is arriving in europe in August? If so, I can wait... But if it's going to be later this year I guess I'll need to get KDFE50A12.

Vivaki

kourosh said:
dont forget the 10,000-1 contrast ratio;)

I take it thats to say it will have better PQ?

So is it an extra HDMI port thing and an extra component and 10,000:1 contrast ratio. (whats the currents ratio?)
So these are the only changes?
thanks

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
ashmufc said:
It will still be 3LCD which in my opinion is worse than DLP.
Until the set is released, nobody can say that with any certainty. In any case, isn't the new set LCOS? If yes then one can't really compare it to LCD.

ashmufc said:
Go for the Samsung, you won't be dissapointed :)
Nobody can make that assertion, either. If (and I mean IF) the buyer is affected by single chip DLP in the same way I and others are, then disappointment is a certainty.

beIIy said:
do i take it that certain people only see this rainbow effect ? does anyone know what the veiwing angles are like on both sets ? lol should i just get an lcd instead ?
Yes, only a few are susceptible. Which is why any choice here has, ultimately, to be made solely by the buyer. Nobody else can tell you whether or not you will be one of the unfortunates. Viewing angle is a property of the screen itself, not of the method used by the projector to generate the image.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
ashmufc said:
kourosh, haven't seen you for some time.
Any new news on the SXRD and Sony PVR?

hi mate,the pvr has been put back now till sometime in june at around £250ish,here is a nice size comparison for the 70" sxrd........dont it look great:clap:

Attachments

• 136401813_07a8758351.jpg
    136401813_07a8758351.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 595

kourosh

Distinguished Member
Vivaki said:
I take it thats to say it will have better PQ?

So is it an extra HDMI port thing and an extra component and 10,000:1 contrast ratio. (whats the currents ratio?)
So these are the only changes?
thanks

there will be no extra hdmi:( and the component:confused: as there was a couple of misprints in my sales book,i will know for sure closer to realease.
i think the currant kdfe is around 2500-1 bou dont quote me on that:rolleyes:
the newer version should have a defin better pic quality but to what extend i couldnt tell you,if you can stretch a bit more on the price the 55" sxrd(around £2500) would be the set to go for:thumbsup:

Phill1978

Novice Member
not being funny or rude but that 70" does look huge it may be something to do with the size of the guy in the picture :D

err.. damn you sony bring out a 60" set

kourosh

Distinguished Member
dont forget the tv is raised on a plimp,also japanese people are smaller in generall :D

Vivaki

kourosh said:
there will be no extra hdmi:( and the component:confused: as there was a couple of misprints in my sales book,i will know for sure closer to realease.
i think the currant kdfe is around 2500-1 bou dont quote me on that:rolleyes:
the newer version should have a defin better pic quality but to what extend i couldnt tell you,if you can stretch a bit more on the price the 55" sxrd(around £2500) would be the set to go for:thumbsup:

Would love to wait for the sxrd but at £2.5k u need to add a bit for the stand and warranty and tht will push it to abt 3k. The samsungs PQ is probably slightly better but when this sony comes out it might b slightly better and then we here samsung will be updating with slightly better PQ and so on...lol
Thanks for the reply and the info.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
the stand would be included in the price,and most sony centres di include a 3 year warrenty in the price,dont forget the price i mentioned is the instore price it will be cheaper online:smashin:

say33d

ashmufc said:
Mmmmmm... lets hope Costco stock the TV!

i think we need to get on2 costco about this... a friend of mine said he e-mailed them last year from the costco.co.uk website about an item he wanted and the eventually started to stock it... great service :thumbsup:

i know in the uk tho tht costco dont stock sony tv's.... well, i have never known thm to...does anyone know any better??....should be to much of a problem....in the states costco sell the sony sxrd's already :smashin:

waiting is killing me tho

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom