KD65-A1 Network Connection Loss

Argento

Novice Member
Hi all.

As posted in the thread title, at least once a month the TV complains of no internet connection. It's exclusive to the TV. Whilst I run mesh routers, the wired parent node has an Ethernet Cable directly to the TV. When this happens (only occurs when first powering on) all other devices in the home work fine. In fact there's not even a need to restart the modem or routers. Only thing that resolves it is to switch TV off, pull the power cord for 10 sec and off we happily go again.

Ideas anyone? I'm on the latest firmware update issued a few days ago. At least the info banner doesn't come on every few minutes whilst watching DVDs via HDMI, something Sony broke in the previous update.

Cheers

Morden

Hi all.

As posted in the thread title, at least once a month the TV complains of no internet connection. It's exclusive to the TV. Whilst I run mesh routers, the wired parent node has an Ethernet Cable directly to the TV. When this happens (only occurs when first powering on) all other devices in the home work fine. In fact there's not even a need to restart the modem or routers. Only thing that resolves it is to switch TV off, pull the power cord for 10 sec and off we happily go again.

Ideas anyone? I'm on the latest firmware update issued a few days ago. At least the info banner doesn't come on every few minutes whilst watching DVDs via HDMI, something Sony broke in the previous update.

Cheers
Do you reboot your tv regularly, once a week?

As modern tv are computers that resemble a tv, like any computer, they benefit from a power cycle on a weekly basis to refresh memory registers etc.

I also clear the storage cache on my tv once per month.

Argento

Novice Member
Do you reboot your tv regularly, once a week?

As modern tv are computers that resemble a tv, like any computer, they benefit from a power cycle on a weekly basis to refresh memory registers etc.

I also clear the storage cache on my tv once per month.
Hi Morden
thanks for the quick reply. To answer, no I don't reboot on a regular basis, apart from being forced now with this issue to do so.
After a 4 year ownership, this connection problem has surfaced in the last 6 months or so. Seeing how it's a solid Ethernet connection I struggle to understand why it's happening in the first place.
It's interesting though that the Network becomes active after pulling the power plug, but without it actually cycling through the full AndroidOS boot.
A handful of times the NetflixApp (wish Apps could just be specifically restarted) has frozen and I had no choice but to do a full reboot. So 3 1/2 years not a single network connection problem.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom