Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

KD32dx51u and Top up TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Gorecon, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Gorecon

Gorecon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have recently bought a Sony KD32DX51U TV and have been very happy with it so far.
    Quick question it has a built in Freeview Tuner but I was thinking of giving the Top Up TV service a month trial as I fancy a bit of Discovery and TCM movies :D
    On the TV manual it shows on the back an area for the PCMCIA card and says for "Future use".
    Is this where I would be insert the Top-Up Tv card? (I know I would need to have the interface card as well as the encryption card)
    Briefly and I mean breifly tried to remove the blanking plate to reveal the alleged interface but the thing would not come off! It does appear to release a little bit.
    Didn't want to break the thing so I thought I would check with the ever reliable Forum for advice.
    Do I just need to apply more effort or am I missing something?

Thanks

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used TUTV on a DX51 and the only tricky bit I can remember was sliding the CAM in at the right angle but I got there in the end. I think the instructions were probably written before TUTV was on-air, but all you have to do is unscrew the blanking plate at the back and you have access to the PCMCIA slot.