1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kd32dx51

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by autel, Dec 21, 2004.

1. autel

autel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have bought the above model sony freeview tv, approx 3 weeks old which i have a jvc vcr connected to, which i bought approx 10 weeks ago.I want to know whether anyone out there knows how to record any freeview channels of the tv's tuner onto the vcr.As when i try this & switch the tv in standby mode then the vcr loses the tv channel transmission.It records the analogue channels ok whether the tv is on standby or not

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're trying to record digitial you need the TV's digital tuner to be switched on, so the TV has to be 'on' or in 'active standby'. If you program a timer event from the TV's EPG then put the TV into standby from the remote the digital tuner should wake up at the appropriate moment.

3. autel

autel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi T.H

I left the tv in standby mode the other day,but when the vcr came alive in timer mode, neither did the tv switch back on or the vcr make the digital recording, as all it recorded was a blank black screen.

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so can you confirm all of this:
    1) Your VCR is connected to AV2 scart with a fully populated scart lead (no missing pins)?
    2) You are using the EPG to set the TVs manual record timer?
    3) When you've set the manual record timer you can see a red line under that event in the EPG?
    4) When you put the TV into standby, the LED by the on/off switch flashes green every now and again?
    5) You've set your VCR to record on the correct AV input (if you have more than one)?
    That last question is obvious I know but it's my most frequent mistake!

5. autel

autel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi T.H

What i was not doing was also setting the tv timer!,as i thought i could record in the usual way as when recording analogue channels.It works when also activating the tv timer.Thanks for your help,merry xmas!