Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

KD32DX51 vs KV32CS70

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by aut0m0tive, Oct 13, 2004.

1. aut0m0tive

aut0m0tive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, and apologies if this is a no-brainer of a first post...!

Posting this on behalf of a friend, who is looking for a new 32" TV, from Sony if possible (to tie in with all the other AV kit).

Just really wanted to know any pros/cons of either set, and what the general consensus would be. It will be a long-term purchase (won't change it for a good few years), so any future-proofness (apologies for my bad Englerish) would be a boon.

Many thanks...

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It comes down to two things - does your friend get annoyed by flicker from 50Hz pictures (if yes, buy the CS70) and does your friend plan to watch digital terrestrial TV (if no to the first question and yes to the second, buy the DX51). If the answer is yes to both, I would suggest spending just a little more money on the 32DX200 (which is the TV I would buy if I could get a new one past The Purchasing Committee) But if he still can't decide, tell him to go for the one which will look best in his front room!

3. fozzy73

fozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    either tv is perfectly good. if u want 3 scarts of which 2 are RGB enabled then go for the cs70 if u want digital and dont have sky then go for the dx51. it toally depends on what u want to connect to the set. i personally would prefer the cs70 and for £599 off the web on www.digital-point.co.uk cant go wrong and ive always found them to be very good with delivery and customer service.