Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

KD32DX51 Pincushion / Service Menu

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Stevo555, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Stevo555

Stevo555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just taken delivery of a KD32DX51. Although I am pleased with the design and the overall quality of the pictures, the screen suffers from an annoying pincushion effect. This is mainly noticable when there are any menus on the screen, or when there are high contrast horizontal lines or text (e.g. Sky News). The images seem to bend inwards at the left and right hand edges of the screen.

It doesn't seem to be noticable when there is just a normal picture on the TV, so I can probably live with it. I really don't want the pain of returing the TV to an internet retailer, so I wondered if there was anything that could be adjusted in the service menu.

Unfortunately I can't work out how to get into it - the remote doesn't have an "i" button that is referred to in the red-smear sticky thread. Does anyone know how to access it on the DX51? The TV is apparently an upgrade to the DX50 - does any one know how to get into the service menu for that?

Thanks.

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One simple thing to try - maybe the Contrast is set too high - make sure you have "Personal" picture setting selected and lower the contrast to about half way (you can also set Brightness and Colour to the same - and then adjust to your taste). This should reduce the problem you describe and will probably result in more accurate pictures.

3. Stevo555

Stevo555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Alan - adjusting the contrast etc helped a bit, however there's still a bit of "pincushion" effect on the right hand side.

Managed to find the "i" key on the remote - can't believe I was so thick as to not spot it before (doh! :blush: ). Managed to get into the service menu, but am reluctant to fiddle about too much with any of the settings just now. I think I'll just give the TV time to settle down a bit before I get the scalpel out...

4. dan13l

dan13l
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stevo555 - how are you getting on with the TV? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one of those myself, and am trying to find opinions on it.

Cheers.