Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

kd28dx40 blockiness/pixellation

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by James G, Jul 7, 2003.

1. James G

James G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picture quality seems VERY variable... BBC2 last night kept going very blocky/pixellated, yet Channel 4 seemed fine.

Is there a known issue with some digital channels being worse than others, or could this be a reception/aerial issue? Or is this just something to live with on digital TV?

On a related point, I (like others) seem to have v poor analogue reception on my set (it was perfect on the old one) but I can't see why you would watch the analogue channels on an IDTV - apart, of course, from the pixellation problem above...!

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Do you mean pixellated/blocky as in in the picture was breaking up, or just that the you were noticing pixelation in colours and patterns in the transmitted pictures?
    The former would be a reception issue, the later i'm afraid is just a result of the varying bit rates used across channels at different times of the day.