1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kd-dv6101

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by cap1965, Aug 31, 2005.

1. cap1965

cap1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a DVD receiver, KD-DV6101 and had it installed by a reputable agent of the manufacture.
    Does any one have problems with the PSM (Preferred setting Mode)?
    Everytime , I either switch off the ignition or switch off the unit itself, I lose all my preferred settings and the unit reverts back to the factory settings.
    The only settings which are saved are the radio stations, that i've manually put in, although I still have to select either 1-6, other wise I just get a hissing sound when the unit is switched on.
    Is there a memory backup that the installers of the unit have not connected to properly.

CAP

2. Hooky

Hooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    what car you got?

On the VW you have to swap the constant live and ignition wires around. Although it does sound like you have an install problem. I take it that you are saving the presets correctly??? I take it you've read the manual before posting???

3. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    does seem like its not installed right..

whats the headunit like m8 as im thinking about buying the same one sometime this week , its ether that one or the touch screen model jvc have (non dvd)

Cheers

Kev

4. mayto

mayto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have one of these units and have no problems with it. check that demo is turned off ,i am just guessing.it does seem strange that it saves the radio stations while not saving sound preset.the sound out of this unit is excellent,even moroe powerful when you select -loud , and use rock preset.i have mine hooked up to a cheapo in-dash monitor,about 120 euro and its great for selecting albums.check out this german site with english text, technikdirekt.de, under car video systems..shipping to uk/eire is about 22 euro.you can get the 6101 for 300,5101 for 265 euro ,and the sony mex-r1 for 252 euro ,all ex del.

5. pjlfc

pjlfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    have mine hooked up to a cheapo in-dash monitor,about 120 euro

where abouts did you get the monitor from?

6. pjlfc

pjlfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    have mine hooked up to a cheapo in-dash monitor,about 120 euro

where abouts did you get your monitor from?

7. mayto

mayto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got mine delivered to ireland off this german ebayer http://stores.ebay.de/Tuning-World-by-Logitrend_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm
    but he has none at present.here is another german site http://cgi.ebay.de/DK-S718-Indash-7...95540QQcategoryZ38775QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    which is selling one for 100 euro,excellent price ,but you have to email about delivery.he has excellent feedback so you should ask him about delivery,monitor colour etc.shipping should be max of 20 euro to uk/eire.by the way sofort kaufen is selling price.if you copy the article number and paste into ebay.com the page will be translated into english. this page here http://listings.ebay.de/_W0QQsocmdZ...=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=
    has other sellers,ms-tronic and hoodbuy are other good ebayers.not all take paypal,bank transfer is how i paid for mine and its very easy ,just a bit of hassle going to the bank.have a look at auctions as well as this is how i got mine ,for about 100 euro ex shipping.all the cheapo monitors have about 330,000 pixels .

8. rjg

rjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My 6101 is now installed, and I'm quite impressed, but it does seem to have a strange foible to do with mp3's in folders...

My music is in conventional
    Artist
    Album
    Track

layout.

If I drag some of those Album folders to the DVD (or CD) they look perfectly ok on the computer, and if I open that disc and do a Windows 'tree' command they might look like this: (Neil Young in this case)

Folder PATH listing for volume UNNAMED
    Volume serial number is 00005F99 AF1E:C653
    D:.
    ├───Greendale (1 of 2)
    ├───Harvest Moon
    ├───Hawks & Doves
    └───Decade (2 of 2)

D:\>dir
    Volume in drive D is UNNAMED
    Volume Serial Number is AF1E-C653

Directory of D:\

25/09/2005 18:27 <DIR> Greendale (1 of 2)
    25/09/2005 18:28 <DIR> Harvest Moon
    25/09/2005 18:29 <DIR> Hawks & Doves
    25/09/2005 18:29 <DIR> Decade (2 of 2)
    0 File(s) 0 bytes
    4 Dir(s) 120,995,840 bytes free

So far so good. However, playing this test CD the unit shows F01 Greendale, plays nothing, and then starts F02 Hawks & Doves, starting with the correct first track. Skipping forward, it has F03 Decade, then F04 actually contains just two tracks, Campaigner and Long May You Run, which are the last two tracks of Decade. Harvest Moon seems to be absent !

I created another version of these files with both folders of Decade, and on that one it plays the actual tracks of Greendale but shows the folder as Harvest Moon...

Before I go completely mad has anyone got an ideas ? I don't have a screen, so I can't see the track list according to the player, only the text display.

I've put dozens of other albums onto DVD, several hundred tracks, and they all play as intended except for the Neil Young ones.

Edit: I just noticed that there were a small number of mp3 files which had names longer than 64 characters. I've renamed those files and the folder and track navigation is all ok now.

9. bratt

bratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rjg - how long does your 6101 take to start playing a DVD full of mp3s? I've been told that the Sony MEX-R1 can take upto 2 mins to start when given a DVD full of mp3s?

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

10. rjg

rjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I just went out and timed it.

Nearly-full DVD, over 40 folders with about 400 tracks (all at 320kbs).

From turning the ignition key to the first bars of music is between 12 and 15 seconds. I've also heard that the players that rely on loading the entire table of contents will take a minute or two. The JVC just plays...

11. bratt

bratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for checking this for me.

12. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    to the guys that have a monitor with this headunit what comes up on the monitor when you have the radio on??does it show the rds info??

think i'll be buying this headunit this week

13. Hooky

Hooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This unit only shows DVD and CD/MP3 info on screen. You wont get any radio RDS info on an external monitor.

14. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Cheers m8

Ordered it on Sunday night from pixmania for £219 delivered (found a £10 off code :D ) why oh why didn't i do some research on pixmania , i paid for next day delivery which i know would mean tues, since i placed my order iv seen nothing but bad reviews about these muppets, i phoned them yesterday to ask why my order was still pending to be told its packed and should be sent out lastnight , i logged this afternoon to be greeted with message telling me it will be delayed up to 5 days due to computer problems ....

If anyone watching this thread thinking about buying this headunit do yourself a favour and get it from a UK source as pixmania seem to be a bunch of cowboys, i know my orders not that l8 but i can see a trend happening and i did pay for nextday delivery , anyway that my rant for the day lol

Kev

15. Curry Monster

Curry Monster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Sounds like Halfrauds fitted it.And yes they HAVE wired it incorrectly.

The PERM+ and IGN+ need to be swapped on the loom

16. irishguy

irishguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ordered on sunday myself from pixmania, same as kevstir, got a message saying 5 day delay !
    first time i have ordered from pixmania,
    might well be the last if it does not arrive soon !

17. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Is yours still saying pending m8?? yesterday afternoon the status changed on mines saying being prepared and it still is , i think they hold on to the orders till they have a big shipment to get sent over here , saves them money on shipping i suppose..

I'll be asking for my delivery costs back like and wont be buying from them again.

18. irishguy

irishguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think so m8,
    i rang them the other day and after 45 mins on hold i was told that the compunter inventory was playing up,
    saying it had items in stock when they did'nt,
    looks as though they are waiting on new stock,
    shame really as i had heard great reports about this company.

19. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Looks like we have been shaffted by these muppets just like everyone else m8 , its showing AVAILABLE WITHIN 8-10 DAYS now wheres its been showing in stock all week, think im going to cancel and go else where , theres a few guys from germany on ebay that sell it for around the £180 mark and £15 delivery. wait till they here me on monday when i phone lol

considering they have already lied to me by telling me on tuesday it was packed ready to go i think im well im my right to cancel

Kev

20. irishguy

irishguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think so m8,
    i sent a mail asking for refund of next day delivery charges and got an email today saying it has gone to their accounts department to get sorted,
    looks as though i am gonna have a full refund though,
    just cancel it,
    i am gonna go looking elsewhere now anyway

21. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Iv just sent them an email to cancel , no way is any company treating me like this.. that will teach me to research a new online store im thinking about buying from in the future

Kev