• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KD-28DL11U PalBG conversion

Clueless09

Standard Member
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and really hope someone can help. I've moved to Serbia from the UK & brought my Sony KD-28DL11U with me.
I am on cable television and whilst I can view the picture, I cannot get any sound from it. Serbia uses PALBG and I've been trying to find how to convert my television, but there doesn't seem to be that option in the menu.
Do you have any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious? I'm only here for 3 years and don't want to have to buy a new television.
Thanks in advance! :lease:

Fred Smith

Prominent Member
Use a Scart lead between the cable TV box and the TV, select the relevant AV channel on the TV. Then B/G and I will not be relevant.

Try a new install some TV's have a country setting, while this is mostly for OSD language it may set the tuner to PAL I if you select UK or Ireland.

There might a option in the service mode to change from B/G to I. Try a search engine.

Finally get a TV off Freecycle. CRT's are often advertised and are free. I obtained a 28" Sony 100Hz with built-in Freeview that way recently.

Last edited:

manwithproblem

Standard Member
I now experienced the same problem that Clueless09 had, with moving my Sony WEGA KD-28DL11U from England to The Netherlands. Did you, Clueles09, ever solve your problem and could you share how you did that? That would be much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom