1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KarlRobinson did they fix your FQ75???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Nick23, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been waiting anxiously on your feedback on $ony fixing you FQ75.... Have the scrolling bars been fixed?!??!?!

I've only got 19 days left to decide if I want to keep my 32FQ75 or exchange it for a different model.

Please reply ASAP

2. Woodman

Woodman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not seen a reply from karlrobinson.

Maybe Errol at Sony Heathrow has done the business and Karl's too busy watching as brilliant TV picture to let us know..

3. seanh

seanh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,

Did you ever get a reply from Karl ?

Also, did you get your FQ75 and are you happy with it, or having any 'Issues' ???

Am thinking of buying an FQ75 or LS60 ! (i must be mad !)

4. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, i never did get a reply from Karl. I didn't get my FQ75 fixed either, i just changed it for the philips 9617, but am having problems with that too. I have spoken to my local sony centre about the FQ80 and whether it has the SB and the sales guy said, "we don't know yet, no one has returned one, but we haven't sold one yet either".

To be honest, im looking at changing my 9617 for either the FQ80 or even a plasma screen and just pay the difference.

5. seanh

seanh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no !!!

Have just got back from looking at more TVs and have changed my stance and was thinking of going for a 9527 !!!

Whats wrong with the 9617 ?

(I think i may just sit and listen to the Archers on a radio instead !)

6. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had some bad geometry on mine, plus the picture always defaults to "superzoom" when displaying a 4:3 image, which means i have to manually change it to "widescreen" whenever i change channel which can get very annoying. The left and right side of the picture had some staining which made the image appear darker on the edges of the screen.. e.g. if you leave the cable STB on stand by it displays a solid green screen. The green at the edges (about a 10cm band on either side) shows a darker shade. I also don't like the fact that you can't turn off the "natural motion" feature while watching in pixel plus mode.

7. KarlRobinson

KarlRobinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, what have I been missing !!

I thought I posted what happened to my set, if I forgot here goes.

Got my set down to Sony Heathrow and had the set checked by Errol (a Sony Technician). It was eventually repaired and I collected the set but when connected to my Sony DVD player the lines were still visable. Rung back to Sony Heathrow only to be told the set would need to be brought back again. By this time Sony technical support had sent me a letter wanting to swap the J-Board. After a few visists and a couple of J Board's the problem still wasn't resolved. Another phone call to Sony and the offer of swapout to a DX100 was made. I have had a DX100 for 3 months now and I can honestly say it had no lines .

The end !!!!