Karaoke on a yamaha dsp ax757se ?

davdandy

Standard Member
Hi.

I was wondering if its possible to connect a mic to a Yamaha dsp ax757se amp,or if not could i connect using a pre amp or some similar device.

I realise the Yamaha amp doesnt have a mic plug but though i would ask anyway.

I would like to play cd`s through the amp for my little girls to sing along too but would not want to buy a karaoke machine which are quite frankly a bit rubbish.

Could i use a cheap Pre-amp and how exactly do they work with my current amp.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Preamplifiers increase a microphone signal to line-level (i.e. the level of signal strength required by such devices) by providing stable gain while preventing induced noise that would otherwise distort the signal.

The output voltage on a dynamic microphone may be very low, typically in the 0 to 100 microvolt range. A microphone preamplifier increases that level by up to 70 dB, to approximately 0 to 10 volts. This stronger signal is used to drive circuitry within audio equipment the mic is connected to. The Mic input on devices that posses them also have this ability.

The preamps shown here will probably suit your needs:
B-TECH BT26 Phono Stage / Microphone Pre Amp: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

You connect the mic to the preamp and then connect the preamp to your amp via RCA (phono) leads. Use an auxiliary or spare RCA input on the amp.

The issue you are going to have relates to not having the capability to mix the mic audio with the CD audio. You'd need a mixer to do this.

You need to connect both the mic and your CD player to a mixer prior to connecting the mixer to your amp. A DJ mixer will incorporate an dedicated mic input so no mic preamp is required.

This would suffice:
http://www.djkit.com/qtx-audio/qtx-qsm-4-compact-dj-mixer.html?cat=91

You connect both your mic and CD player to the mixer and then the mixer's output to your amp.

Last edited:

davdandy

Standard Member
Many thanks Dante.

Right,i see what you mean.I would have liked an all in one box but as this isnt the case i shall defo look into your ideas.

Also,regarding the mic,is there a box or device or even a mic itself to alter the sounds and make for a more atmospheric feel and also for a bit of fun and to create some neat effects to keep the kids happy?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Also,regarding the mic,is there a box or device or even a mic itself to alter the sounds and make for a more atmospheric feel and also for a bit of fun and to create some neat effects to keep the kids happy?

Quite a few DJ mixers have such FX inbuilt and almost all of them have EQ of some type. You'll need to spend more for the FX models though.

davdandy

Standard Member
Thanks again chaps.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Sorry to gate-crash but does anyone have experience of the Starsinger machines?

Gaspode_TWD

I've bought the 2000 model. I don't use it for critical listening but it sounds OK for Karaoke and it appears to cover every possible current format.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom