1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kameleon

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ryanos, Dec 30, 2002.

1. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thinking of treating myself to one of these but.......I find it hard to believe that it will do everything that my existing remotes do am i being sceptical or am i right to doubt this device for example i have a dvd/home cinema all in one system( Philips lx3000d ), will the remote recognise this fact or will i have to set up the dvd aspect seperate from audio also my tv remote(sony 32fx66) has features like pip and fastext page scan which is controlled by the ffwd button on the remote will this also be picked up somewhere on the kameleon ..........?

Thanks in advance :D

2. GoggleBoy

GoggleBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got one of these for Xmas from the G\F.
    Great bit of kit for the money.
    Controls my Av amp, DVD, CD,TV, Sky + box with no problems at all. It does handle pip etc and the sky + is setup with a record button which is nice :) . If there is a feature missing that you want on the remote you can just program it onto a spare button. So it should be able to do anything.
    Can't comment on the Philips lx3000d.

Rgds,
    Goggs.

3. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the reply just another question if you don't mind:

When programming the remote are the codes unique to the device? eg is there a set sony code or is there a specific code defined for each individual model?

Ryan

4. GoggleBoy

GoggleBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The codes are for make rather than Model number.
    When you look in the back of the manual that comes with it you will see 4-5 codes for sony amps etc... one of these will work.
    If you have a remote with 50 funtions on etc you might not be able to get every single one on the one4all. But tbh I hardly ever use more than play,stop,menu etc.

5. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    cheers mate:)

6. neoxp

neoxp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best thing about this remote is the upgrades. You can get these ofd the net or even over the phone. I couldn't get it to work with my Yamaha processor so I called the support line and they updated the remote with the latest codes. It was up and running in 10 mins.

One4all are constantly updating the codes so this remote should be future proof for a while yet.