1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kameleon V's E-pilot/cambridge

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ryanos, Jan 27, 2003.

1. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi All,not sure which of the above to go for the e-pilot is 49.99 at Richer sounds and the Kameleon is 59.99 from dixons online. Which is the more user friendly? and which is likely to be more configurable? the last thing I want to do after forking out for one of these is to have to pick up another remote control other than the one I purchase. I need it to operate:

Sony 32fx66
    Panasonic vid 630hd
    sky digi panasonic box
    sky digi+
    Philips lx3000d HCS
    Sony stereo (can't remeber model but 4 years old about 800quids worth)...........

Any views and coments on the above two will be greatly appreciated

Cheers:)

2. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up buying a Sony VL 900 from Richer sounds after trying lots of different types including the pronto. I could never get on with lcd panels or the Kameleon flat buttons. It was only £40 but learnt all the buttons i really need for 6 bits of kit (it has the capacity to control 8). It also does macros ( i can change the region number on the DVD now without looking it up in the book). Only downside is that it has no backlight - otherwise i am well pleased

3. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the reply sounds interesting.........does it have a lot of learning buttons as I really need it to operate my HCS the Kameleon def does as I got ofa to confirm this but I will check out this remote for sure.........I didn't even know that Sony did one!

4. Mark Spanner

Mark Spanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have just got this remote and love it - replaces 5 remotes!

However I would definetly try it out as the touch screen is probably not for all tastes.

The only problem with it is the slight buzzing the touch screen produces - but I can personally live with it (and you can only hear it when the room is quiet which is not very often.)

5. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sorry mdou which one did you end up with? was it the mosaic?

6. Mark Spanner

Mark Spanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry!:p

I bought the Kameleon 6.

7. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thx Mdou how much and where?

8. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the sony all the buttons can be made to learn or play macros. Its very simple to program and use. It learnt my TiVo commands which the Phillips URC880 could not do. None of the OFA's could control my old panasonic TV even with support from their help line so they were out.
    The Kameleon was too big for the arm of my sofa and wouldnt do the panny tv so that was that
    If you buy anything from Richer Sounds you get a 14 day trial to see if you can live with it. I tried the pronto and hated it - having proper buttons you can feel without looking is important i think.

9. Mark Spanner

Mark Spanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got mine from Argos & payed £70.

I could have got it cheaper but I was in the store & it was spur of the moment. :)