1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kameleon Remote and Marantz SR5400

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ajt, Jul 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ajt

ajt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

This is my first post here so go easy on me!

I'm in the process of building my first proper AV system and am looking at an amp like the Marantz SR5400. Richersounds have some good deals on eBay but the units don't have remotes. I imagine this is a bit of an issue for an AV amp. However, I have the oneforall Kameleon 6 remote. Has anyone used one of these with a Marantz, or any other for that matter, amp? Do you get enough functionality or do I really need the original remote?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I tried a Kameleon with my old SR7200 and it struggled with switching between inputs where the amp needs 2 presses of the input button to change over.

I'd say your best bet is the Marantz RC1400 which will control the amp out of the box for you.

Available here http://www.avland.co.uk/marantz/rc1400/rc-1400.htm

3. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have the Kameleon for my Sony amp. On the initial set up it didn't do a great deal of the functions, but with the teaching you can get it to learn a few of the heavily used functions.

Day to day use is absolutely fine, as the only things I do are volume, input and sound processing. I just keep it in the cupboard incase I need it!