1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kameleon and Amps

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Geordie Jester, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I am considering either getting a Kameleon 4 or a Cambridge M1+ unit. I definately don't want to spend over 50/60 quid so it seems my choices are fairly limited.

I only need the control to replace 4 items - Plasma, VCR, Cable, DVD/AMP

What Im concerned about is trying to use a Kameleon4 instead of the 6 when I have a DVD/cinema system/amp combined jobby. Do you think I will be able to get away with it ? The amp remote has a button each for different inputs (TV, DVD, TUNER). Am I going to start running out of options pretty quick ? I take it a Kameleon 6 would give me plenty of scope to teach some extra functions of the cinema kit.

I would need things like (for the DVD option)
    -input = TV
    -input = Tuner
    -input = DVD
    -subwoofer level
    -surround mode
    -audio option

I would hate to have to not be able to put the separate remotes away in a drawer

If anyone has any thoughts / special deals then please let me know

Kind regards

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I don't think you would be able to use a Kameleon 4 to do what you want. To make sure you could download the Kameleon 4 manual from the product support section of the OneForAll website and read at your leisure.

Using a Kameleon 6, which also gives you the ability to download new codes using the inbuilt modem, you would probably have to run some of your functions via the DVD page and others via the AV Receiver page.

The Kameleon 6 is available from AV UK Ltd. for £59.95 including P&P.

If you're interested in second hand I'll probably be selling my Kameleon 6 in the very near future to help finance a new purchase.

3. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Kameleon 6 for only 46 quids in Costco.

technology works this way - immitate, integrate, innovate...

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Damn, that's a good price!

Of course, when you buy in a shop you have to figure in your travel costs - sometimes it makes what looks like a good deal less impressive.