1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kameleon 8 wont drive SKY+ ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Diesele, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Diesele

Diesele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I had the correct setup code for SKY+ control as it is listed on One For All's website as 1175 for Kamelon 6, but it doesnt work my box...

I also noted that since my Kamelon 8 is an US import the codes for Toshiba TV's (for e.g) are completely different. This makes me think that there are big differences in setup codes between US or/and Kameleon 6 [UK vers] controller.

ANYWAY! Anyone know the correct code for SKY+ on a Kamelon 8?

Cheers

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried downloading it from their website...I think it's done by placing the remote over a speaker on your PC...I'm also pretty sure that all the instructions for downlaoding is on the website...

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The URC-9960 is designed for the US market, so I doubt that you bought it in a UK store. Being a US remote it will lack many codes that UK users would need, including the Sky+ code. You could try calling customer service to see if they will upgrade your remote over the phone, but they might not know how to upgrade this American remote, and the American c/s might not know the UK codes, but both parties SHOULD be able to help you, so be persistant.

However, a much better solution would be to get yourself a JP1 cable and pogo-pin adapter, which would allow you to upgrade the remote yourself.

4. Diesele

Diesele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a reply - many thanls for yours too -

The code for your Sky+ is satellite1175.
    However, as the necessary software is not in the memory of your One for All handset, this cannot be set up straight away. It needs to be downloaded first. Therefore, please call the Customer Services Helpline on 0808 1000 306 and ask for the download of the code mentioned above. If you have had any codes downloaded into your One For All before, please make sure to mention this as well. Please note that it is preferable to call us from a cord-connected, landline telephone for best results. The upgrade has a limited success with a mobile or a cordless phone. We are open Monday to Friday 9.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. and Saturday 9.00am. to 3.00p.m (UK time).