1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kameleon 6in1 (2nd Gen) and Sony RDR-HX900

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by AV-Optmist, Dec 1, 2004.

1. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone been able to find a setup code to allow a OFA Kameleon 6 in 1 (second generation) to control a Sony RDR-HX900 DVD recorder.

I've tried all the setup codes in the user guide and using the search method - no luck with either. The download section of the OFA website doesn't seem to support the second genration 6 in 1.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks.

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You may have to bite the bullet and contact the support line to get the code. It's not cheap though - 50p/min according to the manual.

I've sent an e-mail to Oneforall asking when internet downloads will be available for second gen Kameleons, but I haven't received an answer yet.

You could try to download a code from the first generation Kameleon part of their website. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Good luck.

3. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greenbars, thanks for your reply.

The OFA email support srvice replied today that I need to download from their telephone download service. They quote an 0808 telephone number from the UK which I think(?) is a freephone number.

I'll see how I get on.

I've got an outstanding question with them about the 'TV' key on a PACE cable decoder RC too.

Thanks again.

4. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update...

I used the 0808 number (it was freephone) and spoke to an excellent operator who not only solved my problem but also emailed me the full feature list numbers for my TV, Amp, Video and DVD so I can now use the Key Magic functions (which she tells me takes up slightly less memory than learning from the original remote).

I can't praise them highly enough. It took 48 hours for them to reply to my original email, but only about 10 minutes to talk me through the download. They even phoned back when they had to check something.

5. pcdoc

pcdoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    OFA CS is brilliant, they phoned me back some weeks later when the code for my Akura DVD player wouldn't work. They tried numerous ways to get it to work and eventually found another code on an original remote a user sent them. Must be being based in Holland that makes em so good! :)

6. cheeky-chick

cheeky-chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, that TV key is the only thing I haven't been able to work with 2nd gen Kamelion. Could you post details of how to set it up, to save me using the helpline?

TIA!!

*edit*

forget that, I just found the TV function button - but why is is completely blank??

Oh well, at least it's working :thumbsup:

7. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    To AV-Optimist

Please let me know the number you used to contact oneforall - the free 0808 number you mentioned.

Cheers.

Incidentally, what code did you use for your Pace cable box, and is it a DI4001N?

8. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greenbars,

The number is 0808 1000 306. You need to type in the URC number at the first prompt when you get through.

My cable box is a D1010T and I used code 1068.

Cheeky-chick,

OFA couldn't send me the feature list for the PACE box as it uses the IrDA system. I was planning to 'learn' the function from the original remote, so I'm interested to know what you meant by the TV function button being blank in your case.

How have you got that button to work on the Kameleon?

9. cheeky-chick

cheeky-chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the blank button under the text button at the bottom of the remote (from memory, I think its the same button as record for VCR)

10. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheeky-chick,

Thank you so much. I would have taken weeks to find that!!

11. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thank you AV-Optimist.

I tried the number but customer services isn't open 24-7. I'll just have to wait till Monday.

I wasn't able to get my DI4001N working using 1068, or any of the codes listed in the manual. A code search turned up 1100, but this didn't give me all functions - I've had to learn almost all of them. Anyone know if anything better is available for my stb?

12. AV-Optmist

AV-Optmist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greenbars,

Sorry I should have given you the opening hours - 09.00 - 19.00 (Mon-Fri) and 09.00 - 15.00 (Saturday).