Kameleon 3rd generation...anyone got one?

pizzed-monkey

Novice Member
I've searched a bit but cant find any mention of this remote?:confused:

The first seemed pony, and the second gen looked like a load of old doodoo from the pound shop, but i stumbled accross the 8305 on the net and really liked the look of it - and in a moment of madness ordered one for about 38quid without doing any reading up.

Why is there only mention of the first and second gen on here? Is it soooo bad no one dare even speak its name?:rolleyes:

loz

Why is there only mention of the first and second gen on here? Is it soooo bad no one dare even speak its name?:rolleyes:
I think it is more a case of it being a brand new model that isn't widely available yet.
AFAIKS none of the usual one4all stockists have it yet.

But yes, it looks a good improvement on the previous models style wise, but I guess it is still the same old remote underneath

pizzed-monkey

Novice Member
I think it is more a case of it being a brand new model that isn't widely available yet.
AFAIKS none of the usual one4all stockists have it yet.

But yes, it looks a good improvement on the previous models style wise, but I guess it is still the same old remote underneath

fair enough! I'll be the guinea pig on this one then...... I'll report back next week sometime.:hiya:

All I can say so far is it looks :cool: .

BOOMERANGBUBB

I'm hoping to have one of these for Chrimbo!

The 3rd gen have new tech to control lights! Which will be great once I've built my new home cinema... and at the price of only £42.50 delivered!!!!

I will also report back.
Take it easy

K

silversmurfer

Standard Member
Bought one of these the other week after my marantz (pronto) finally died - I bought the 8308 (8 device model) from currys for around £60. Must say I am really happy with it and more to the point so is the other half. Really easy to setup and is even controlling my pinnacle showcentre.

Job done

S

Slynx007

This looks like a good alternative to the Harmony's, and looks really good having been manufactured from die cast aluminium. I'm so tired of all this plastic rubbish.
I think I'll take a chance and purchase one.

loz

anyone know if the 8305 will control Sky+ (well Sky HD), or do I need an 8308 model?

Just that the 8308 lists PVR on the box as one of the functions whereas the 8305 does not. So I figured it might not include the transport controls when you select satellite on the 8305

pizzed-monkey

Novice Member
anyone know if the 8305 will control Sky+ (well Sky HD), or do I need an 8308 model?

Just that the 8308 lists PVR on the box as one of the functions whereas the 8305 does not. So I figured it might not include the transport controls when you select satellite on the 8305

Well I haven't got mine yet as they tried to deliver 3 days ago but I haven't been able to go to the postoffice to pick up. Will have it tomorrow so will let you know (I have skyHD).

cheers
rob

pizzed-monkey

Novice Member

Well the other half has just picked it up from the post office and dropped it off at work for me -

obviously not controling any thing yet but I can answer your question. When you press the satellite button a PVR button appears in its sub menu, press this and you have all your transport controls. :thumbsup:

It certainly looks a nice remote, but will obviously not be anywhere near as advanced as the harmonys or prontos out there - but right now I'd rather have a simple on/off/up/down/forward/pause thingamy.

No doubt I'll be upgrading 2 months into the new year.:rolleyes:

jet_andy

I'm hoping to have one of these for Chrimbo!

The 3rd gen have new tech to control lights! Which will be great once I've built my new home cinema... and at the price of only £42.50 delivered!!!!

I will also report back.
Take it easy

K
Where did you get it at this price??

DrSeuss

anynews on this? any good? looking to control skyhd and bravia :lease:

pizzed-monkey

Novice Member
anynews on this? any good? looking to control skyhd and bravia :lease:

I would say its above average, but its my first multi so what do I know. I'm not blown away by how great it is but it does the job I ask it - controls amp volume and input, skyHD, dvd controls, and basic TV options.

Looks cool and lights up to look nice and impress visitors (dont try and tell me thats not important!). Does make an audible whine when lit up and you are using it though!:thumbsdow

In conclusion: I'm happy with it, haven't tried adding any extra buttons/macros yet as i haven't found the need - but then i doubt it has space for loads. If you've only got a tv and Sky you should be fine, but then If I only had 2 controlers I'd doubt I'd bother with a multi....;)

BadBoy_R

How are you finding this remote with SKY HD, I am looking for the cheapest solution to control my hd box, amp, tv and dvd.

Have you used the macro feature yet as this would be handy for me.

GreenBars

The big advantage with OneForAll remotes is the Key Magic functionality. I've changed from using a second generation Kameleon to using a Universal Remote Control Inc. URC-200, but I still retain the Kameleon as it is an excellent source of discrete remote commands - AV input selection, power on, power off, etc. and other commands that aren't available on the original remotes.

A lot of Harmony owners on this forum knock Kameleons but I think with the new third generation models OneForAll have got an excellent product that doesn't have the drawbacks of the previous two generations - first generation movement sensor and second generation poor quality materials.

S

Slynx007

I received my 8308 yesterday from Amazon (£51.00 free delivery):smashin:
I've always been sceptical about using/programming any universal remote, (always compromises) but with this, I'm more than happy.:)
After an hour or so of fiddling, the penny dropped, and I think it's really easy to set up. I use the 'learning' part of the remote to set up individual functions, as I personally find this the easiest way.
I do like the idea of only the relavant functions showing, for example, when you push 'TV', only the functions relavant for use with a TV show. It removes a lot of clutter.
The only 'hard' buttons avalable are basically the same as a 'Sky' remote, the four coloured buttons, volume and channel change, up, down, left, right and centre enter button.
Oh, and best of all, if you're like me and like 'quality' materials (aluminium) and solidity of build (no bendy creaky plastic here:( ) you'll love this.
The 'electro luminescence' display looks cool too.:cool:

S

Slynx007

Not yet, only had it for 3 days, and using the supplied batteries which are supposed to be for 'demo' use. I'll use rechargables anyway.

S

Slynx007

Panasonic PWD6. Yamaha RXV650. Panasonic DVD recorder. Panasonic Sky box. Sony VCR. Arcam CD player

thewul

Novice Member
slynx

how do you find the remote when navigating the sky guide?
do the coloured buttons corespond to the sky function? ie green to set reminder and yellow and blue for + and - 24hrs
this would be its biggest function for me.

S

Slynx007

Yep, the coloured buttons work exactly as the Sky remote coloured buttons. The up/down/left/right and 'enter' buttons are duplicated as well. (You can, however, configure any button for anything you like)
If the wife can use it after less than 5 minutes of tuition from me, then you know it can't be bad:clap:

thewul

Novice Member
Great stuff :thumbsup:

thanks
i'll get one on order...now to search for a good price

rdann

Novice Member
Can OneForAll be trusted, I purchased a Kameleon 8060, not so long ago on the basis it would be supported with regards for new codes. When I check out their site I was dissapointed to find out there were no codes for any of my AV products, the site said if the code was not shown email them with the model number and they would send the code, they never replied. So its now packed away collecting dust, not sure that I would buy another R/C from them.

GreenBars

OneForAll provide excellent customer service over the phone. Contact them on 0808 1000 306. They are open 09.00 - 19.00 (Mon-Fri) and 09.00 - 15.00 (Saturday). Tell them the make and the model of the device and original remote - they'll sort you out with the right code.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett