Kalibrate's Advertiser Thread - Take a look for information, offers, news etc.

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
Latest information in this post

Demo Room is now operational

Our new demo room is now operational, and featuring Dolby Atmos, and Dirac processing via miniDSP

88a-rack-jpg.562465

nanoavr-dl-key-features-700.jpg

20140924_205147_Android(1).jpg

Utilizing Atlantic Technology, paradigm, and sunfire speakers (including upfiring speakers for Dolby Atmos).

logo(4).jpg

44DA%20array.jpg
44DA.jpg

ParadigmReferenceLogoSQ.jpg

And AVRs from Anthem, Yamaha, And Denon (Onkyo coming soon)

310%20Frnt.jpg
EL_avrx5200w_e2_b_fr_cl(1).jpg

logo(6).jpg

Featuring multiple screens inc 3m wide scope Enlightor 4K screen, 2.8m multiformat screen, React 2.1 and DNP supernova screens, we have many tastes catered for.

20141003_120837_Android.jpg

And sources including kaleidescape, OPPO bluray players and a PS4

20140911_121823_Android.jpg

103D(2).jpg

fabric%20wallsjpg.jpg

20140914_115524_Android.jpg

4K VW300 now on demo in the demo room.

2a37e0122a7d70e3aea6f30066e5eafb(1).jpg

OPEN DAYS

We will be running some open days to showcase our new demo room soon, but in the meantime we are taking bookings for normal demos. More information will be coming soon on the open days.

New products & News

-Ambient light DIY screen material (grey with 1.3 on-axis gain) 210cm wide roll, £125 for the first meter (inc del), £100 for each subsequent meter (pro rata). Contact us for more info, or to get a sample.

Kaleidescape have settled on the long court case over dvd copying. With new restrictions coming into play November 2014 (as part of the settlement), if you have considered a Kaliedescape system, think hard as soon as possible. Contact us for more information.

If you are thinking of purchasing a new projector screen, please contact us, as we can offer a lot of different (customised) options from the likes of Draper Euroscreen, Grandview, Screen Excellence, Sapphire and Diverse, with options like multiformat (see below), curved, tab tensioned etc.

Dolby Atmos is here, and we are updating our demo room to take this into account when it releases later in the year. More information here

Ex Demo/Trade in/Used/Repaired offers

We have a few of Ex Demo offers. Contact us for condition, and information on boxes, accessories etc

Audyssey Pro Calibration Kit (trade in) - £contact us
Dvdo Duo - £500
Draper React 2.1 borderless Diplomat 2m wide (trade in). - £850.

Anthem Trade in offer is now live until 31 December 2014

Projectors - Pay full RRP, and get a free calibration with each purchase. We have a dedicated team (of highly regarded ISF/THX calibrators) that we call upon throughout the UK. Please contact us for more information.

Sony VW500ES 4K 3D Projector (£8,799)- free hand delivery and setup within a fixed radius of our business premises (Caterham). Contact us for more information.

Sony VW300ES 4K 3D Projector (£5,849) - More information here.

Colorimetry Research CR-100 Tristimulus Reference Colorimeter/Photometer (£3,875) - Special intoductory pricing, including an trade in allowance for the i1Display Pro. More information here.

cr100withpencil.jpg

Last edited:
React 2.1 samples are due in today. which means that we can now supply a material pack for people to test for when deciding on a screen. This pack will include:

React 2.1
DNP Supernova 08:85
DNP Supernova 23:23
Black Diamond 1.4
Diverse Reference High Contrast (0.8 gain)
Diverse High Contrast Bright (1.4 gain)
Seymour AV XD AT material
Diverse AT Bright (1.4 Gain)
Diverse Basic AT (1.0 Gain)
Diverse Basic White (1.0 gain)
Diverse Bright White (1.2gain)
Diverse Reference White (1.0 gain)
Dalite High Power
Dalite High Power, High Contrast

Please note, as we have to buy some of the more expensive samples, a security deposit may be required.

Please email us for more information.

Early feedback is in from early customers that have ordered the XpanD X105 RF Glasses with Horizontal polarisation, making them perfect for use with the JVC projector range that use the RF system as they retain polarisation. Here are what our customers think:.

Several 3D films later, I can say that the Xpands are far far better than the IR JVC AG2s. Much lighter and with much bigger lenses. My nose no longer aches after a few minutes of a 3D film. Well worth changing from the JVC IR’s that came with the projector.

I like them overall because the weight is just under that of the PK-AG2 but the lenses are a similar size to the PK-AG1, plus it doesn't flood the room with IR now meaning all my remotes work easily.

I just got the new Xpand X105 with horizontal polarization yesterday. With the JVC emitter, they work like a charm. I tested them with Life of Pi last night. Great performance!

More information on these glasses can be found here.

lite-01a.jpg

Don't forget we also sell 2 other variations of the XpanD glasses:

The XpanD X105 RF Glasses with standard vertical polarislation

The X104 Universal glasses (IR & RF) which come in different colours and sizes.

Diverse%20logo.JPG

Did you know that our diverse screens are fully customizable?:

We have a range of 8 different fabrics to choose from inc white, grey, acoustically transparent etc.
We have 3 different fixed frames, including zero frame possibility
There are many different electrical frames, without tab-tensioning, or with tab-tensioning (2 different variations available)
Motors can be included on the left or right side
Screens can be specified to drop from the front or back of the case
Different control options available inc IR, RF, CC, RS232 etc
Different case colours
Customised sizes, and ratios available from 1:1 - 2.40:1 at no extra cost over the standard size of screen.
There are also many other options, i.e. drop bar colour etc, leader drop length etc
We also have specialized screens i.e. multiformat, bi-format etc.

Some options not available on all screen types due to electronics etc.

Lead time on the fully customized screens can be as little as 2-4 weeks.

Contact us for more information, and a quote,alternatively, fill in the questionnaire and email back for a quote/options available.

Attachments

• Questionnaire.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 333
Updated the first post too....

The Anthem MRX510 and MRX710 are now available, and the MRX510 is now in stock (as at 3 Jan 2014), utilizing the new ARC1M software.

MRx10.jpg

Also, buying a JVC projector, remember we have XpanD horizontal polarising glasses to match with JVCs PK-AG3s. More information here

Have updated the first post of this thread to include some more deals/offers, and news etc, including a video of one of our multiformat screens working.

M_Dolby.jpg

We have tried to compile a list of all the forthcoming AV separates that have been announced so far, and have added it in our news section here.

Onkyo have produced some very informative information on their microsite here, and also in the video here:

Thread updated with lots of adjustments, including the inclusion of new special offers, our new demo room (featuring Atmos), and information on some forthcoming open days....

New Demo Projector - VW300

We are pleased to confirm that we are expecting our demo VW300 later this week, so will be available for demos from the weekend (booking required). Expect calibration and settings information soon:)

OLED Pricing

We also have access to a few 55" 55EA880W OLED sets at good rates (brand new). More information here We can also add an extended warranty to these sets. Contact us for more information on pricing.

Projector offers

The JVC X500 and X700 have seen price revisions, dropping their 2D RRPs to £3,999 and £5,899 respectively.

Epson are offering a free soundbar and 2 pairs 3D glasses with TW6600 and TW6600W projectors bought between 1 November and 31 December. More information here

Trade In Projector

We are expecting a TW9000 in early next week, with around 300 hours on the bulb. Warranty until December 2014, but can be extended. Please contact us for more information.

Last edited:
Another day, and another offer. From the 1 November to 30 November. Sony are offering a free PS4 with each HW55 Projector ordered.

home_cinema_ps4_bundle_leaderboard_v5.gif

Last edited:
We have decided that the time is right to sell our Isco III anamorphic Lens, which comes with stand, and hard case. Pictures to follow soon. Please contact us for price.

Also worth noting that Yamaha have updated their AVRs to include Atmos, and therefore we are now using the Yamaha 3040 in our Atmos demonstrations (as well as the Denon X5200 and Onkyo 3030).

1415570547744-jpg.527360

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Early feedback is in from early customers that have ordered the XpanD X105 RF Glasses with Horizontal polarisation, making them perfect for use with the JVC projector range that use the RF system as they retain polarisation. Here are what our customers think:.

Several 3D films later, I can say that the Xpands are far far better than the IR JVC AG2s. Much lighter and with much bigger lenses. My nose no longer aches after a few minutes of a 3D film. Well worth changing from the JVC IR’s that came with the projector.

I like them overall because the weight is just under that of the PK-AG2 but the lenses are a similar size to the PK-AG1, plus it doesn't flood the room with IR now meaning all my remotes work easily.

I just got the new Xpand X105 with horizontal polarization yesterday. With the JVC emitter, they work like a charm. I tested them with Life of Pi last night. Great performance!

lite-01a.jpg

The X104 Universal glasses (IR & RF) which come in different colours and sizes.

We have a new batch of Xpand X105-RF-X3 (JVC Optimised) RF 3D glasses coming into stock very soon, with a drop in price too, starting at £60 each, and dropping with multiples.

More info here

Last edited:
We have now added the Atlantic Technology 44DA Doly Atmos enabled upfiring speakers to our demo system, so book now to hear a demo...

44DA.jpg
44DA%20array.jpg
44DA%20shelf.jpg

We have one trade-in React 2.1 screen available.

It is a borderless diplomat (so white case), with black bar. 2m wide viewing width. Comes with control box. Full working condition.

IMG20141201173148.jpg

Price is £850.

lite-01a.jpg

The X104 Universal glasses (IR & RF) which come in different colours and sizes

XpanD X105-RF-X3 back in stock, and starting at £60, and reducing as quantity increases:)

Last edited:
We have added a new version of the Sony VPL-HW40ES (HW40) to our projector offerings. This is our Kalibrated High Contrast Version with on/off contrast up to 15,000:1

IMG20150109213513.jpg

We manually tweak each projector, combined with glass filters to increase the contrast of the projector. A table of sample results can be seen below (for high lamp mode):

Measurements.JPG

As you can see the increase in contrast effects the Lumens too, so we have created 4 different stages, with differing results.

More information in the new pages of our website here, or please contact us for more information.

Information on the Kalibrated version of the VW300 to come soon.

Last edited:
We have announced our first ever forum days. More information here.

Last edited:
Kalibrate is proud to announce that we are now sellers for the Power Sound Audio range.

Logo(17).jpg

We will soon be demoing the following subs:

S1500 - Single 15" Sealed Subwoofer. More information here.

V1500 - Single 15" Ported Subwoofer. More information here.

S3000i - Dual 15" Sealed Subwoofer. More information here.

Main subs.JPG

The T-18 (Triple 18" Sealed subwoofer) is to be on demo at a later date...

Now on demo &

Introductory discounts available for a limited time!!

We now have the Power Sound Audio S1500, V1500, S3000i subs on demo, so book your demo soon.

Main subs(1).JPG

Also on demo a pair of MT110 speakers.

MT-110-016_1024x1024.jpg

Pre-Order Power Sound Audio's new V3600i Subwoofer at a special preorder price of £1,995 until 15 June 2015.

Featuring 2 x 18" drivers and a Patented digital ICEpower® 1700W amplifier with DSP control, this ported unit is designed to punch hard.

v3600.jpg

XLAB18-001.jpg

XLAB18-006.jpg

Contact us for more information, or to place the order.

Hi there. I'm looking to buy a Minidsp 2x4 balanced and wondered if you have them available as I can only seem to find the unbalanced versions on your website!
Thanks for your help

Hi there. I'm looking to buy a Minidsp 2x4 balanced and wondered if you have them available as I can only seem to find the unbalanced versions on your website!
Thanks for your help

Only unbalanced at this time. We may add balanced to our stock in the future, but not at the moment.

Apologies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom