KaiBosh home cinema/network setup

Kaibosh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I thought I'd share a pic or two after (finally) getting my kit plugged in and working.

telly.jpg

Bottom left, you see the beautiful Kef 3005se sub. I thought it deserved its own shelf and spotlight. The silver box on the white middle shelf is a ReadyNAS network storage, where I keep all my films.

In the bench:

Denon 1910, SkyHD, PS3, Slingbox, centre speaker.

Hidden behind:

Netgear gigabit switch, modem, X-treamer media player.

KaiBosh

I calculated the position of the speakers using angles I read about elsewhere on this forum:

front-room.jpeg

KaiBosh

Looks very nice and I bet it sounds as good too. Thanks for sharing.

Looks very nice and I bet it sounds as good too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much! I bought the Denon three or four months before getting the speakers. It nearly killed me having it there with no sound :(

I considered the lower-end eggs but got an ex-demo set of the 3005s for ÂŁ750 - I'm absolutely chuffed with the sound.

The visuals are not too hot, unfortunately. A proper telly is next on the list :smashin:

KaiBosh

I'd take the wheels off the unit, personally!

I like the arrangement. All to often you see the minimal look. It's nice that you have something going on either side of the TV.

I'd take the wheels off the unit, personally!

Thanks for the tip - it would defo look neater. Trouble is of course, as Gixer points out - the spending never stops, and every new addition means dragging the unit out to plug things in, and the wheels come in handy for that... I'm also a bit worried about the heat back there, with 12 items plugged in and quite a few transformers, the gap provided by the wheels is useful for air circulation.

I have now turned the wheels in, so they're a bit more hidden in the shadows :smashin:

Is that some horseplay on top of the left shelving unit.

Personally if I saw that every day I wouldn't be watching TV, if you get my drift.:devil:

Well actually they're side-by-side. The fact you see copulating horses speaks more about your, ahem, preferences than mine.

Nice use of the word 'Woah' there, hahaha - you should Rein yourself in before you get Saddled with a reputation...

Like what you've done there and giving the Kef it's own area is what I will do when I revamp kit next year ... :smashin:

ha ha - didn't expect to find myself laughing out loud at work.... copulating horses - Brilliant!!

Oh nice set up by the way, i like the fact your wires look like mine do behind the cabinet.... heat bothers me too so I switch off at the plug whenever not in use lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom