K_S's Photo Album

Discussion in 'Photo Sharing' started by K_S, Mar 28, 2006.

1. K_S

K_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys been browsing the forums for a bit now but this is my first posting of any of my work.
    Mostly taken from my travels in the last year or so. My best stuff is from Safari in Kenya 2005.

Just a few to get started any critique is appreciated.

First one is Lazy sunday taken at the Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya with a Sony DSCF828
    Techi detail - Aperture F4.0, Shutter 1/160sec, Focal Length 42.1mm

[​IMG]

Next at the Samburu game reserve is Elephant Crossing
    Again with the Sony DSCF828 Techi detail - Aperture F4.0, Shutter 1/200sec, Focal Lentgh 20.0mm

[​IMG]

Then Lioness At Work again at the Masai Mara with the DSCF828, incase your wondering that is an Oryx in her mouth :)
    Techi Detail - Aperture F5.0, Shutter 1/1250sec, Focal Length 50.3mm

[​IMG]

Next is Grooming Monkeys taken at a lodge in the Masai Mara just outside our front door to the room. Pesky Buggers will steal anything given a chance :)

Same camera Techi Detail - Aperture F4.0, Shutter Speed 1/60, Focal Length 18.4mm

[​IMG]

And last for today is Bird Piggy Back Taken at the samburu game reserve.

Same camera Techi detail - Aperture F4.0, Shutter Speed 1/250sec, Focal Length 50.3mm

[​IMG]

Will post some non wildlife ones tomorrow, I dont want to bore you :)

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Superb stuff.

Were you in a motor car/jeep with those pics?

3. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    Excellent shots mate. I love pictures of wildlife and a Safari trip is on our list of to do's :thumbsup:

4. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    I can't recommend it enough, we stayed at the mala mala game reserve in south africa (has won many awards includeing best hotel in the world under 500 pounds a night or somthing similar) it was our honeymoon so worth splashing out.

Accomedation was great. You had your own hut that even had 2 bathrooms so both of you could shower etc at the same time in the morning to make the early get up less painful and a balcony that overlooked a watering hole.

It was amazing. Trip of a lifetime. Everyone sat around the campfire at night to eat in a reed covered boma. The food was fantastic and there was a hell of alot of it and the trips twice a day in the jeeps were out of this world. Getting within a couple of meters of lions mating. It's worth the money go for it. You have your own ranger for each couple or for 2 couples if they are busy and a tracker who managed to find all sorts of animals for us.

Unfortunatly we only had a bog standard 4 megapixel digtal compact but we still got some nice photos though no where near as impressive as the orginal posters ones. great work.

www.malamala.com I've never been anywhere that I would recommend so highly.

Attached Files:

5. K_S

K_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few more pics from my travels :)

Sunset over the Masai Mara Techi Info: Exposure 1/250, F5.6, Focal Length 50.3

[​IMG]

Blue Lagoon Hot Pools, Rekyvik, Iceland Techi Info: Sony DSCW12 Exposure 1/100, Aperture F2.8, Focal Length 7.9 ISO 100.

[​IMG]

Gullfos waterfall, Iceland Techi Info: Sony DSCV3 Exposure 1/100, Aperture F2.8, Focal Length 22.5, ISO 100.

[​IMG]

NewYork Taxi, New York, USA Techi Info: Sony DSCF828 Exposure 1/640, Aperture F3.5, Focal Length 51.0, ISO 64.

[​IMG]

Times Square SloMo, Times Square, New York Techi Info: Sony DSCF828 Exposure 1, Aperture F7.1, Focal Length 51.0, ISO 64.

[​IMG]

Loney Path, Grand Union Canal, Watford, Herts Techi Info: Sony DSCV3 Exposure 1/250, Aperture F2.8, Focal Length 7.0, ISO 100

[​IMG]

And Last for today a few I took last night when I went for a walk :)

Lake, Watford, Herts Techi Info: Sony DSCF828 Exposure 1/160, Aperture F4.0, Focal Length 51, ISO 64

[​IMG]

Clouds, Watford, Herts Techi Info: Sony DSCF828 Exposure 1/250, Aperture F8.0, Focal Length 29.9, ISO 64

[​IMG]

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    amazing - some of the best I've seen

7. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    Love the Iceland ones, those falls look spectacular :eek: :thumbsup:

8. K_S

K_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They where, and the best thing was you could walk all the way to the bottom and onto the rocks, Very Very cold though and was snowing at the time too, making it very slippery :eek:

9. K_S

K_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the safari tours use nissan vans with extendable roofs, the funny thing is they would be chattering on the radio between all the tour guides and suddenly the the guide would put his foot down.

In the dstance all I could see was a load of white dots like ants converging on one spot in the distance.

Then we we finally reached the spot a Lion would be surrounded by 10-15 vans full of tourtists taking pictures trying to get the best spot for a photo op :)

Great fun..:thumbsup:

Will post a picture of the vans when I get a minute...

10. liveforav

liveforav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Your right about the constant chatter. I went on safari last year to Tsavo West / Tsavo East. Same thing happened, you're merrily driving around, then the radio chatter gets more excitable & suddenly your driver floors it, the chase is on!

Until then I never knew how good these nissan vans were off road. Although we did get a puncture at one point. Three other vans came and surrounded us while he changed the tyre.. we had to make a mad dash to the other van (about 2 feet away ;))

11. K_S

K_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I swear the drivers on safari trips are totally fearless, Our driver was as mad as a hatter, we nearly got stuck halfway over a dryed out river bed. Four run ups and 20 minutes later we just about got across. Nissan must be making a fortune supplying vans to africa.