K800i Wallpaper

Tony 21

Standard Member
Reaction score
I`m trying to use images already stored on my pc (windows xp ) as wallpaper on my phone. Using the software that came with the phone the image gives the impression that it will fill the screen on my phone, (which is what i want).
But after downloading..the image just appears to be a small box in the center of the phone`s display......any help?.
Thanks in advance.

The image needs to have a resolution of 240 x 320 to fill the screen on the phone.

Tony 21 said:
Do you have any idea how i could change the res in windows?

If you have no other software, you can resize the image in Paint :)suicide: )

Go to 'image' and 'stretch/skew'

Any other half decent image software will allow you to specify pixels for the size.

Tried using paint, but that deals in % as apposed to pixel resolution.
Have since downloaded some true 240 x 320 jpegs and none of them fill the screen...not near it.
Just wondering ..has anyone managed to import any images to their phone that fill up the screen?, and how was it done.
Thanks.

In fact when i look at the info tab on the phone with the image displayed, it seems as the phone is actualy downsizing the pixel res too far, might have to e mail SE on this one.

Tony 21 said:
In fact when i look at the info tab on the phone with the image displayed, it seems as the phone is actualy downsizing the pixel res too far, might have to e mail SE on this one.

I have a k750i, and my wallpaper is a 1600*1200 jpg. The phone scales it itself, so I'm not too sure why your phone wouldn't to be honest ...

Neither do i, i have even downloaded some wallpapers from Zedge at 240x320 and when they are tranfered to the phone they are downsized, still interested to see if anyone on here has had this trouble?

Anyone with this phone tried this at all, seems ok with stuff in the photo album, but the problem arises when pictures are sent to "pictures" in the the phone :cool:, they are being taken down to 176x220.

Have you tried updating the software on the phone?

If you mean downloading image editor from their website, i haven`t done it yet, and shall give it a go...i guess that would be the problem with the downsizing. The handset is probably recieving the images in a smaller size?

Ok i`ve downloaded the new version of pc suite..which just happens to have the same version of image editor on it that gives the same results (surprise surprise), but in going on the SE website in downloads you can download this application on it`s own, they give you a dropdown to select your phone and guess what...the K800i is not on the list. So my conclusion is that the software that came with the phone has not been tailor made for this particular model.

No I meant the software on the phone which you can update by going to Settings then update service. Mine is running version

CXC1250210
R1CB001

I have been through all of settings, and can`t find anything remotely like "update service".

Ihave found "update service" in the book, but it is not on the phone!! strange.

Also noticed that "settings download" is missing from set up wizard.
Tictac..could that be a big problem do you think?

The phone was an upgrade from T-Mobile with their theme alrady installed in the phone, could this have any bearing on certain things missing out of the menu?

Tictac, thanks for having a look around for me. I did download the software update service but it came back with that i had the latest software already in the phone. Looks like a trip to the T-mobile shop, but i can`t see them removing their theme etc, if it could be done..is it done on the premises or is it a "send it away job".
Again Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom