• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

K800i USB Connection help!

3T3L1

Established Member
My housemate is having a similar problem with his K800i, any solutions would be more than welcome!

E

Editz

I uninstalled everything.

Reinstalled but still not working.

Attached the phone.

Went into device manager and there was a device with a yellow ! mark.

Right clicked on it and chose update driver.

The CD was still in the drive and it installed *all* the drivers which I dont think it did the first time around.

Good luck.

edit: anyone know if you can stick a 2gb card in the k800?

chrislad

Prominent Member
If it's a 2gig Micro Pro Duo, then yes :)

Ianfromnotts

Prominent Member
The 800i takes m2 memory the largest that is available at the moment is 1gb about £33 through quidco and w2w or the likes when it is in stock.

Re the earlier questions on file sharing the internal phone memory is not accessed through the software you need load the software on the pc then plug the usb lead in select phone NOT file transfer when the window comes up on the phone then use windows explorer to find the SE file manager on the PC desktop or where ever you have loaded it too and then access the k800 and the folders within the phone memory all via windows explorer then just copy and paste etc

Can also do the same soprt of thing through infra red and blue tooth but it takes a while

Hope this helps

chrislad

Prominent Member
You can't use Pro Duo memory cards with the K800i. It takes a new type of memory card, the M2 Pro Duo (or Pro Duo Micro). A 1 gig card is available for 35 or so from mymemory.co.uk.

</end spelling out>

ryanlovell

Established Member
the software is a real pain, Had to install acouple of time to get ti to work. Remember phone mode for accessing the phone memory and file transfer for the expansion card. Uninstalling from device manager may help.

E

Editz

It works fine in File Mode or whatever its called when accessing the phone memory.

Just had to reinstall it.

A

andyturner28

I have completely given up on SE bloody PC suite! This software is a complete and utter joke and i am just glad that someone else is having the same problems and it is not just me being a complete nonse. Rant over, breath:)

I just use the memory card reader now and if i want something stored in the phone memory i just trasfer it from the memory card, even if it means deleting some mp3's to make room. Every time i tried to use Adobe Photoshop the PC locked up and i had to restart the PC. Just don't use it and you will have no problems at all. I seem to remember a colegue at work having the same problems with his K750i sa well. Should have listened to him when he said DON'T USE IT!

Cheers,

Andy.

A

andyturner28

Michaelknell said:
I'm managing to transfer my files by bluetooth. Shame the bloody cable way doesn't work

Bluetooth takes ages. Much easyer using a card reader. The only dissadvantage is the memory card cover on the K800. I think i am going to break it every time!

Andy.

chrislad

Prominent Member
Here's what I did to get it working.

1. Installed the Sony suite and all drivers.

2. Installed MyPhoneExplorer (a 3rd party app. Google it)

3. Removed the Sony suite.

4. Happily worked with MyPhoneExplorer with no problems unlike the Sony one.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom