k800i has died!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Ingenium, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Ingenium

Ingenium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had my k800i now for over 3 months, while out Friday night was going through some of my texts and then phone suddenly froze, took the battery out and inserted it again and then the phone just wouldn't turn on! every time i turn it on the ed LED light near the infer red port flashes 5-6 times then turns off, or it stays on for about 3-4 secs then turns off again.

also tried charging the phone but seems like its completely dead, whats best thing to do?

phone my supplier and send it back to them or is it something silly?

also is this is a known problem?

Thanks

2. cat777

cat777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. my nephew as just had the same problem with his k800i on vodafone, he took it to a mobile phone unlocker, who just took the battery out and scanned it with this device to get the details of the phone, he then sends of to vodafone for the unlocking code, and soon as he gets this code, he was going to ring him and guide him through the unlocking procedure. but when he got home with the phone it would not turn back on, so he rang this phone unlocker man who said to try a few things, bit to no avail, the phone would not switch back on, every time he pressed the on button, the infer red light would blink a few times. the phone unlocker guy said that the software as crashed. so it is now back at the place of sale, getting repaired under warranty. so we will see what they say