k800i Faulty?

s1hastie

Banned
I have owned the k800 for about 2 weeks now. When I first got it everything worked fine, but in the last couple of days I have noticed that when I ring someone or they ring me or I miss a call. It is not appearing in the list of last numbers dialled etc.

Is this a fault or have I switched something off that needs to be turned back on again?

Anyone got any ideas.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It could be a firmware issue. I know when I had my K700i it didn't show missed calls until I upgraded it to a new firmware.

P

PeleRocco

I've had exactly that same problem as described above. My K800 has for no apparent reason stopped resgistering all call information, it did work but stopped about the 15th August '06

I've tried a firmware upgrade from the phone but it says I'm running the most up to date firmware?! I'm on O2.

Any ideas?

OV3RCLOCK3R

Banned
See if you can wait people. There is a major firmware update being released next week for this phone which fixes a LOT of problems that everyone is experiancing.

s1hastie

Banned
PeleRocco said:
I've had exactly that same problem as described above. My K800 has for no apparent reason stopped resgistering all call information, it did work but stopped about the 15th August '06

I've tried a firmware upgrade from the phone but it says I'm running the most up to date firmware?! I'm on O2.

Any ideas?
Go into settings and do a reset then turn phone off and delete any numbers in the call lists. should be fine for a few days then u will have to keep doing the same thing or give them a call and send in for repair thats what i had to do

AlpsUk

Anyone had any problems with this phone dropping to no network coverage? I'm on o2 and the sim card works fine on my 6230 but stick it in my k800i and i get intermittent problems :rolleyes:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
s1hastie said:
ok cheers tejstar how do I know what firmware its running or update it?
Keep an eye on this thread from estato. It details how to check the firmware and what bugs are fixed when a new revision is released.

Regarding how to update it, it depends on which network you are on. I think the automatic update feature is disabled on most networks therefore you will have to talk it to an authorised SE service centre where they will update it free of charge (take your receipt).

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Just having a look at the page, what you are experiencing is definitley a bug:

'The Call Log can sometimes stop working. Deleting the entries in the call log has been known to restore it's functionality.'

Therefore just keep an eye out to see when it is fixed!

Tony 21

Standard Member
Being all new to this, is firmware the same as the built-in software that runs the handset?
Also i had the frozen dialled calls thing as well about 5 days of getting this phone, but it corrected by itself later that night.

apolloa

Yes that's exactly what firmware is, it's very easy to update the firmware on SE phones. You got to it's website after connecting your phone to your computer and installing the drivers, then follow the instructions.