1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K750i

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by conington, Jun 30, 2005.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Has anyone else had the problem with the K750I whereby despite receiving settings internet access is not allowed, I got this phone (which is great apart from this issue) 1 week ago on an O2 contract from Carphone Warehouse, when I contacted the "helpdesk" they advised that the day after I bought it an announcement had been made stating that the phone needed to be returned for a hardware issue that was stopping internet access.

They now want the phone back for 2 weeks, something I do not want to have to do. I have decided to contact them within 28 days of the purchase date and if they canot replace with a new one that works I will cancel the contract and return the phone (they advised that this could be done as long as it was within 28 days of purchase and thought that in a week or so time new phones should be in stock with the fix already in place
    ).

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Believe new firmware out today to sort out GPRS issues mate :) On the SE website

3. Tony Roma

Tony Roma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I had exactly the same problem, tried the update service on the Sony Ericsson site, but it is not supported, therefore doesnt work. Rang o2 and they are replacing my handset

4. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Looked for the updates on the Sonyericsson site and they were not there, spoke to Carphone Warehouse and after several conversations found out that the only way to get this fixed would be to send the phone back for what would probably be two weeks (they are not even offering an exchange for one that works - even after me stating that I would cancel the contract as the phone is faulty and within the 28 days return period).

Not sure what to do now as I think the phone is great, I don't use the Internet much on a phone but am frustrated that it should work.

5. 2ii2

2ii2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This makes me mad where you get a new phone and it has problems with it? They (o2 and CPW) must know the problems with GPRS but hope you wont complain about it? If it was me, id chuck the phone back at them and choose another I had a 3230 and chucked that back at 'em as it was bobbins!!!

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    The SEUS should be working now! :thumbsup:

7. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Tejstar, do you have a link, I only found one that could have been the fix which was the modem download to enable data communication but I got the impression that this was really for networking?

Regards

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    Check this website out, it should all of the info you'll need. :)

9. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cheers, set up my flash USB last night, identified the firmware version that fixes the O2 GPRS issue on the site you gave but just could not find the actual download and inx for the same?

Thanks for all your help

10. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    There’s no download as such, you have to use the SE Update Service. Click here.

11. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Many thanks to all for the help, I have manged to connect my phone and install the USB flash but when going through the SE update process i.e. checkmarking the checklist just prior to entering the update page I find that there are no updates listed and nothing happens with regard to a "firmware" update ...... I guess I must be doing something worng but have followed all advice received in this forum as well as that on the SE site ??????

Again, thanks to all for the help.

12. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    SE don’t have the easiest software service. I haven’t got mine to work but I think that’s because I’m on T-Mobile. It’s probably best to phone your operator and see if they can help.