K750i & W800i users.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is no doubt old news to most of you lot but I only discovered it last night.

If you have a K750i or W800i(recently flashed my K750 to a W800) and a memory card reader, you can plug the card reader into your Xbox360 & stream your MP3s:cool:

I was pretty damn chuffed as I've been quite envious as the i-pod owners who go on about streaming music direct to their 360s.

Anyway, thought I'd share that info incase there's anyone else out there slow like me.

Certainly beats slowly copying the music from cd to the 360 HD!

What if you have a firewire card reader though...:smashin:

Nice find anyway.:thumbsup:

Haha, that's a cool find. Can you use the supplied USB to connect the phone directly to the 360? It should still show up as a portable device if the mem stick is in it.

I was streaming music from my iAudio X5L last night which I thought was pretty good, but I've since got the 360 working with my PC and Media Center so I just play songs from that now.

I love it cos I dont have to wait ages ripping CDs to the hard drive :thumbsup:

RandomLee said:
Haha, that's a cool find. Can you use the supplied USB to connect the phone directly to the 360? It should still show up as a portable device if the mem stick is in it.

It should do I would imagine, haven't tried yet but I might give it a go later out of curiousity. I only gave the card reader a try as I'd just been transfering a fresh load of MP3s(easier with the reader than the USB cable IMO) so thought I'd try popping it in the 360 just incase.

Oh, forgot to mention, also as an added bonus, you can also view your photos from the stick aswell on the TV. All from the comfort of your sofa courtesy of the 360, had a little slide show last night.

I just love my 360 more & more:)

Isn't the title of this thread a bit misleading, as all you are saying is that if you have a usb memory card reader and a memory card you can stream audio from it?? So it doesn't matter what mobile you have, does it?

D.

dbm001 said:
Isn't the title of this thread a bit misleading, as all you are saying is that if you have a usb memory card reader and a memory card you can stream audio from it?? So it doesn't matter what mobile you have, does it?

D.

No not really, I mean I was just sharing something I'd just discovered & was chuffed with. As I'm not too tech minded, I wouldn't like to attempt to point out it works with all phones as I wouldn't have a clue if it would or not.

Does it matter what mobile you have? To be short, I wouldn't have a clue, I just say what I know & leave what I don't for other people to figure out;)

mmm, i wonder if i plug my N73 or N80 into the xbox via the cable and then select mass storage profile whether it will allow me to take the pictures and music onto the 360, going to give that a go tonight

Good one Tetlee :thumbsup: It works with the K800i also.

Connected through usb cable (select file transfer) then can access mp3. and camera pics.

Cheers:smashin:

holtehero said:
mmm, i wonder if i plug my N73 or N80 into the xbox via the cable and then select mass storage profile whether it will allow me to take the pictures and music onto the 360, going to give that a go tonight

As far as I'm aware you cant take anything onto the 260 HDD from another device. You can only play / view etc.

I could be wrong though so by all means give it a try and let us know if it works :)

Tried plugging my w800i directly in (using the supplied USB wire) and it doesn't show up on the 360.:(

Using File Transfer mode on the w900i allows the built in storage to be detected and read by the Xbox also :thumbsup:

How do you select file transfer mode?

On the k800i when you plug the usb cable in it brings up "file transfer mode" or "video phone mode" automatically for you to select which one you want. Cant speak for the w800i tho.

CAS FAN said:
How do you select file transfer mode?

I'll have a look for you in a bit CAS, although I technically have a K750, it's flashed to a W800 so should work in the exact same way as yours. Will dig the USB cable out in a bit & check.

CAS FAN said:
Tried plugging my w800i directly in (using the supplied USB wire) and it doesn't show up on the 360.:(

Just also tried plugging the phone in directly using the USB cable, you're right, it doesn't show up. Don't know if theres a way to make it work that way but I couldn't find it.

The card readers are mega cheap though anyway, and believe me it makes transfering MP3s alot easier(I sometimes used to find the MP3s didn't all transfer using the USB cable). Here's where I bought mine from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB2-0-Memory...ryZ51082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Arrived really quick and worked out around a fiver inc. delivery. Would recommend the seller.

I have two 1gig sticks so it's a great cheap way to share the music between my phone and the 360.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
As confirmed, the w800 doesnt work this way but the newer w810 does as it detects a connection over USB and offers the choice of enabling the mass storage mode. :(

Cheers Tetlee & Lightbulb.

I'll have to get one of those card readers then, although I can stream from my PC so that may do me in terms of music. I like the idea of streaming phone photo's though :).

Aye, the photo idea is a good one, didn't really think about it until you mentioned it. I'll probably be using that one more often :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom