K750i shutter sound off

tjdewalt

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have the K750i and I just love it. The only "problem" I have with it is that I cannot mute the shutter sound of the camera. Not even when it is on silent or discrete mode...

I have been told that this has to do with local regulations, and apparently in Holland you have to keep the sound on. This is because it does not look like a camera, and therefore people should hear when a picture of them is taken.

Not that I want to take upskirts or whatsoever, but is there a way to bypass this and turn the sound off???

I also remember reading that in Japan a shutter sound was a requirment by law to protect privacy. Not that the little click would make much diference in a loud club or pub.

If this is truley the case then i would of thought it unlikely you can turn it off.

best of luck.

I have a feeling this is a Sony thing. My daughters K700 is the same, but my partners Samsung E720 can be muted.

I don't know if there is a solution or not....I have just ordered my 750 so would be interested to know

I have just been playing around with my phone...if i change the mode to silent then there is no shutter sound at all.

I have also read that if you press and hold # and then open the slider there should be no shutter noise

@Scrapbook
I have found this answer on some other forum as well, but this does not apply to my phone (dutch one).

I imagine not all k750i's are the same?

Plug the headphones in. That shuts it up.

Oh and yeah hold down # for few seconds.

"I have also read that if you press and hold # and then open the slider there should be no shutter noise"

works a treat on my K750i! :smashin:

Pressing and holding the # button turns the phone onto silent mode so that's why that works.

The reason it won't work in many countries other than the UK is the law to prevent unauthorized photography of people without their consent. Perhaps you could flash your phone with the latest UK firmware? (although that would void your warranty).

One other thing to try that used to work on a few older SE phones is to make a call first to something like the helpline, the while the phone is on a call it wouldn't make the shutter noise. Don't know whether that will work with the K750 but it might be worth a try?

--> Twicenightly

I have tried calling someone and that helps, but you can imagine this is not the way i want to be making pics...

new firmware might help but i'm afraid it will void the warranty like you said.

I think i will have to do with this (minor) inconvenience. Thanks for the help anyway!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom