1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k750i for £35.88, only for londoners though

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Arkham Insane, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    sounds too good to be true doesnt it, i found it but not too sure what to make of it. Its a £2.99 per month 12 month contract offer for the full 12 months. The only conditions are that you should live in london and that you have to get a compulsary second contract chip which is completely free through cashback. full cashback is done after only 6 months.

I think the main thing with this deal is its a lot of hassle, need to remember to downgrade the free contract after 6 months and also all the normal cashback nonsense but on 2 chips. still a prity sweet deal, if anyone has any experience or can see any flaws please let us know, cheers

check it out, www.chatterbox.com/promo its at the bottom of the screen.

2. scouse

scouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i've been looking at this and it does seem too good to be true!

what i don't understand is that it says it will charge £40 for first 6 months but the advert suggests £1.99 for 12 months?

Also the cashback figure doesn't seem to add up with the money you are saving from the line rental

i may be missing something :D

edit : I've emailled their sales department for an answer for the oddities in there advert. I shall await a reply :)

3. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes i know what you mean, the free compulsary contract offer cashback also doesnt add up. i think £40 a month is for the first 6 months, then you would need to downgrade the tariff(could make money for them if you forget) but if you do, and pay the £2.99 per month for 12 months you get the remaining 6 months (after a bit of maths) working out to be £16.50 each. Is there such a tariff i dont know? anyway let me know what the sales department tells you. cheers

4. scouse

scouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi i got a reply from their sales. I shall just post it here, it's a bit long though...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for showing interest in our offers.

We would like to provide you with the details of the offer you have mentioned in your e-mail:

(a) £1.99 for 12 Months + Nokia 6230i (Promo):

For orange contract:

The first 6 months will be billed at the standard line rental of £40. You must downgrade your tariff to OVP Off-Peak 200 after 6 months(£16.50/month). £315.12 is available as cash back by redemption to your bank account after 6 months. You will get 600 min any time any network for first 6 months then you must downgrade to 200 off peak min from 7th till 12 th month. Contract period for this offer is 12 months. Payment by direct debit is mandatory (All prices include VAT). So, deal work out to be:

£40 x 6 = £240

£16.50 x 6 = 99

You will get cash back as £315.12 by redemption to your bank account after 6 months. So the effective rental for first 12 months will work out to be £ 1.99 /month (£339- £315.12 = £1.99/month for 12 months). The contract period is 12 months.

This offer is applicable for London residents only.

(b) 12 Months Free YP200 (Additional and compulsory with the point a) -->Orange - FREE Sim Only(O) and £279.00 Cashback

For second orange contract:

The first 6 months will be billed at the standard line rental of £30. You must downgrade your tariff to OVP Off-Peak 200 after 6 months. £279 is available as cash back by redemption to your bank account after 6 months. You will get 400 min any time any network for first 6 months then you must downgrade to 200 off peak min from 7th till 12 th month. Contract period for this offer is 12 months. Payment by direct debit is mandatory (All prices include VAT). So, deal work out to be:

£30 x 6 = £180

£16.50 x 6 = 99

You will get cash back as £279 by redemption to your bank account after 6 months. Contract period for this offer is 12 months. So the effective rental for first 12 months will work out to be £ 0 /month (£279- £279 = £0.00/month for 12 months). The contract period is 12 months.

This offer is applicable for London residents only.

5. scouse

scouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    looking at their website they don't have this offer on anymore...

6. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yes they do i just checked, make sure you include the /promo bit in the web add.

So is anyone taking this offer then? a k750i, which at the end of the year will only cost you £35.88 and with all those free minutes?? seems amazing. I've found a good enough deal with my current provider bt who are going to upgrade me with a free k750 and a very cheap tariff, works out at £100 overall but no cashback or other contdact involved so im going with that, its still a very good deal.

anyway if anyone goes for the chatterbox offer id like to know what happens, cheers