K&N Cinema build

BOOMERANGBUBB

Prominent Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE ON PAGE 2***

Hi guys,

I've been banging on for the last couple of years about having my own home cinema... so, here it is... I won't bore you with all the details but, of course, if you have any questions etc please feel free to ask! (i still have some minor things to do but overall its just about finished)

Positive/negative comments welcome :)

CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR COMPLETE BUILD PHOTOS

Take it easy

BOOM (Keir)

Attachments

• HC001.jpg
    HC001.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,364
  • HC004.jpg
    HC004.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,143
  • HC005.jpg
    HC005.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,149
  • HC120.jpg
    HC120.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,049
  • HC121.jpg
    HC121.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,808
  • HC122.jpg
    HC122.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,817
Last edited:
that looks outstanding..well done..also what did you do with the walls.From the pics it looks like some sort of fabric on it?

that looks outstanding..well done..also what did you do with the walls.From the pics it looks like some sort of fabric on it?

Cheers Scartlead! :thumbsup:

I have used a very thin foam backed carpet on parts of the walls and on the rear seating area (I call it my thrown :cool:). I have used carpet... as this hides any imperfections in the wall, It's very easy to apply, cost effective and looks great!

Guys,

You can now view all K&N Home Cinema build pictures via the link in my signature.

Thanks
BOOM

All i have to say is WOW! That looks amazing, love the colours and the material used on the walls.

Looks superb, well done :smashin:

Hey,

I've been watching the Bat Barn thread since the start... that's gonna be a cracking room mate! Can't wait to see the end result.

Take it easy and thank you for your comments :thumbsup:

excellent looking room. how big is your screen and how far back are the seats? looking to create something in a similar sized room if it turns out 1/2 as good as yours i'll be chuffed

excellent looking room. how big is your screen and how far back are the seats? looking to create something in a similar sized room if it turns out 1/2 as good as yours i'll be chuffed

Hi andicapped,

Thank you for your comments :smashin:

The screen size is 6 ft (wide) this includes the black boarder. The distance from the screen to the front row (back of seat) is 7 1/2ft and the distance to back row is 11ft.

I hope this helps and I'm sure you can create the cinema of your dreams if you put your all/mind into it! ;)

If you ever need any help just ask :thumbsup:

Take it easy
BOOM

Having checked out your pictures, I have to say this really looks like a masterclass in creating a fantastic home cinema in a small space. How did the acoustic treatments work out for you? Any issues you've not been able to solve?

Having checked out your pictures, I have to say this really looks like a masterclass in creating a fantastic home cinema in a small space. How did the acoustic treatments work out for you? Any issues you've not been able to solve?

Hey Shockabuku,

Your comments put a great big smile on my face! Thank you so much.

About the room acoustics; to be honest, to me, the acoustic treatment works a "treat". My only problem is the actual sound proofing, I mean, I didn't actually make any great effort to sound proof but because the room is upstairs it might cause problems when kids start popping out all over the place!!! Hmmmmmm.

I've just had the chance to check out your thread... I'm simply amazed at what you have acheived! the picture quality is outstanding. Well Done.
Now just hurry up and get the room finished! Then maybe, you could send out some invites, get the popcorn on the go and show off the famous BAT BARN. I sure would love to see it in action!

Well, take it easy and enjoy finishing the room.

Keir

BOOMERANGBUBB, did you paint the acoustics tiles or just leave them their natural colour (grey)?

Hi Markie Boy,

I'm very sorry for the delayed reply!

I haven't painted the acoustic tiles... but you have made me think (ouch) should I have painted them???? just to confirm that the natural colour is Grey.

Thank you
Keir

Last edited:
Hi can i ask what colour you have painted the walls thanks.

Hi big Lee,

The colour I used has been discontinued (about 2yrs ago)

I had always planned on using that colour so I bought it the first time i saw it.

Oh.... the colour was HENNA SUEDE by Crown.

Thanks
Take it easy
Keir

Last edited:
That is amazing :eek: looking at the before and after pics, i would never have guessed it was the same room, you've certainly captured that "cinema" feel :thumbsup:

That is amazing :eek: looking at the before and after pics, i would never have guessed it was the same room, you've certainly captured that "cinema" feel :thumbsup:

Cheers jro7563,

I put alot of effort in trying to get the cinema feel... I'm pleased that you picked up on that :D

Thanks again
Keir

Looks quality fella, u should be well chuffed with yourself. Can i ask where you got the K & N letters on the wall.

Go easy.:thumbsup:

I just seen your link to your Home Cinema on another thread, so I went looking for this.

Can I just say that I think your set up is absolutely stunning!! The way a home cinema really should look. I love all the little touches around the room and the K&N is inspired!

Looks great!

Where did you get your Dolby Digital plaque?

How are you finding the Lutron Rania dimmer? How long does the soft-off take to fade the lights down?

Great looking setup:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom