JZ200 -> LZ2000 What's new, changed, better?

pollokshields

Standard Member
Reaction score
Been waiting since last year for the 55" JZ2000 to go on sale. I see it is now available but now the 2022 LZ2000 has been announced and will be on sale this month.

So what's the difference? (Other than price!)

Sound is the biggest one, should be a lot better but apart from extra gaming features and added brightness, rest is the same. Will an extra 50-100 nits be noticeable to the eye most likely not. If didn't need the speakers then I'd go with a JZ1500 instead of a LZ1500. If the 2000 model didn't have the speaker upgrade I'd do the same.

Sound is the biggest one, should be a lot better but apart from extra gaming features and added brightness, rest is the same. Will an extra 50-100 nits be noticeable to the eye most likely not. If didn't need the speakers then I'd go with a JZ1500 instead of a LZ1500. If the 2000 model didn't have the speaker upgrade I'd do the same.
Thanks, sound is what I'm interested in. I'd like to do away with my current soundbar setup. So what am I looking for in the specs that's telling me the sound is better? As I say, I was waiting for the 2021 model to go on sale as it was meant to be the dog's soundwise.

Thanks, sound is what I'm interested in. I'd like to do away with my current soundbar setup. So what am I looking for in the specs that's telling me the sound is better? As I say, I was waiting for the 2021 model to go on sale as it was meant to be the dog's soundwise.
The sound specs on the JZ2000 and LZ2000 look pretty similar (360 Soundscape Pro, Dolby Atmos), however the JZ2000 has 125W vs 160W on the LZ2000 which is due to a couple of extra front speakers. This is the combined total wattage of all the speakers though - it doesn't necessarily mean that the LZ will go any louder.

This is what Panasonic say about these new front speakers on the LZ2000...

Array Speaker System

New to the LZ2000, these small front speakers deliver accurate sound through Beam Forming function - pinpoint sound control of zone-by-zone sound level. Users can experience a more precise sound quality, all the while minimizing potential distractions to others.

The only way you'll actually know whether the LZ2000 sounds better is to listen to them side-by-side or rely on a review written by someone who has experience of both, but just bear in mind that stocks of the JZ2000 will start to run out soon (if they haven't already) and it's probably the cheapest it will get, whereas the LZ2000 is likely to be around full price for quite a while.

In the UK, you can currently pick up a 55" JZ2000 for £450 less than the pre-order price for the 55" LZ2000 which is a decent saving.

New to the LZ2000, these small front speakers deliver accurate sound through Beam Forming function - pinpoint sound control of zone-by-zone sound level.
I'm confused now. I thought that spec was for the 2021 model which I was looking out for but have never seen on sale until now. I'm assuming the JZ is the 21 year model and the LZ 22 model. That's why I didn't rush out and get the 2020 model, because the 2021 was to have even better front facing speakers.
The only way you'll actually know whether the LZ2000 sounds better is to listen to them side-by-side
Its hard enough getting to see a single model never mind two together!
In the UK, you can currently pick up a 55" JZ2000 for
£1850 at John Lewis.

Yes - the JZ is the 2021 model and the LZ is this year's model, which looks to be out next month.

I'm not an expert on either model, but it looks to me like the LZ has a couple of extra front speakers which takes the total wattage to 160w. I lifted the quote from the listing for the LZ2000 on Panasonic's site and I didn't see any mention of 'beam forming' speakers in the JZ specs so if you want the very latest and best, then yes - go for the LZ but try not to get too hung up on the marketing and hype. The reality is that if you've been holding out for a 2000 series OLED at a good price, then the JZ is much better value now than a brand new LZ will be and for quite some time.

TVs normally only get modest price reductions during the year and the first big drops tend to happen around Black Friday (November) and Christmas time and around now they'll probably be the cheapest they'll get before stocks run out. That's the way things used to work though - Covid and the current world issues may have affected that previous trend.

Absolutely! It would be nice to find someone who could give a view on 'beam forming' expectations in the real world.
Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I doubt two extra small beam-forming speakers are worth the £450 price difference alone ! :D

There will be other differences presumably though of course but if you've been holding out for price reductions on the JZ2000, then surely an LZ is out of the question anyway ?

if you've been holding out for price reductions on the JZ2000, then surely an LZ is out of the question anyway ?
I think I thought I was holding out for the fancy speakers but they were in the 21 model which was never available because it was really the 22 model I wanted. Told you I was confused... I'll look and see what else the £450 buys in addition to the speakers. myHomeScreen version 7 for example? Are these big updates, is version 6 that bad?

I'll look and see what else the £450 buys in addition to the speakers. myHomeScreen version 7 for example? Are these big updates, is version 6 that bad?
No, upgrades to Panasonic's OS don't tend to bring major improvements. The version that's on my GZ is certainly not flashy, but it's responsive, works well and I've probably only had a couple of app crashes since I bought it in 2019.

Panasonic are also pretty reasonable about releasing new apps for older models (up to a point, that is) so any new apps added in the next few years are likely to added to both the JZ and LZ OLEDs, if past experience is anything to go by.

I think I thought I was holding out for the fancy speakers but they were in the 21 model which was never available because it was really the 22 model I wanted. Told you I was confused...
Are you really intent on losing the sound bar ? If you really want the best sound, then buy a 55" JZ1500 for £1299 (which I think has the same custom OLED panel as the JZ2000) instead of the 55" LZ2000 and you'll then have £1000 left to spend on an external separates audio system which, as good as the LZ's own sound presumably is, will absolutely blow it away !

Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I doubt two extra small beam-forming speakers are worth the £450 price difference alone ! :D

There will be other differences presumably though of course but if you've been holding out for price reductions on the JZ2000, then surely an LZ is out of the question anyway ?
There are a 16 speakers in the sound bar now, so it should sound clear and more spatial. The JZ has one 3 front facing.

Which TV? Panasonic LZ2000 or Sony's A95K

I'm still umming and ahhhhing between LZ2000 and Sony's A95K....

I've looked online an not that many reviews about the Panasonic......AVForums rated Sony at 10/10 ......other sites had reviewed with less ratings......
Can anyone help? Looking at 55 or 65".
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom