1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC's Support...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by knowley, Oct 10, 2005.

1. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rang the JVC support number to get some advice on using a computer with a DVI --> HDMI cable and my JVC LT32DS6.

Basically it works fine during the windows boot up, and once windows is loaded with all its drivers the screen goes blank. So I explained to the "support line" what I am trying to do and asked for some infomation about what signal the TV wants to receive into its HD socket so I can setup the PC correctly.

To summarise:
    JVC - "The TV is not designed for that, so it won't work. The HDMI connetion is only designed for use with DVD players and recorders."
    Me - "So when the PC boots up and everything is working fine I am seeing things?"
    JVC - "Plus you must be using a DVI to HDMI convertor, and we have no way of knowing how that effects the signal"
    Me - "Well, I am using a DVI to HDMI cable"
    JVC - "We still don't know how that will effect the signal"
    Me - "but it would appear it doesn't effect the signal because I can see everything ok during the computer boot up"
    JVC - "Still the TV is not designed for that"
    Me - "right... good customer service there, thanks."
    :thumbsdow

Maybe its cause I have worked in IT support for the last 6 years that I expect a good service from any number I ring... or maybe they are just incompetant :suicide: