1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC's Digipure

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ixos, Nov 17, 2002.

1. ixos

ixos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC AV-32L5EK

If you haven't already bought a TV, the JVC, in my opinion, is better than the Toshiba 32Z26P.

I had a look at Bug's Life on this with a £400 Harman Kardon DVD 25 DVD player (using Supra's AV6(RGB) cable)).

Every single pebble from the edge of the foreground, all the way to the background, is as clear and as visible as no other (only the Pixel Plus could get near) television has ever been able to achieve before (even with a £2,500 DVD player).

The depth of field is better than Pixel Plus (but only just).

The Toshiba was unable to do this.

Yours for £1,400.

2. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just bought this but after a dispute with the dealer it is being returned. I found that motion looked horribly unatural on it. The picture was blocky. The gemoetry was a way off and it has no support for Pal 60. I agree that it enhances the picture, but has a side effect of creating huge halos round things. I put on the superbit of CTHD and when digi pure is turned on the picture was really bad. The lack of Pal 60 was the real problem for me though.

3. ixos1

ixos1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you buy this on my recommendation?

if so, I apologise - I really do

saying that, I'm astounded at the problems

4. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought if based on the Home entertainment review. I can't believe they claimed it was the best tele they had ever seen.

5. ixos

ixos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just read it
    well, it's accurate - I'll have to try the Jaws test they did (but I had no idea the DVD was that good)

I can only think that you had a faulty tube - but that's pressing the issue somewhat and I don't want to step in that area - I just don't understand it

Digipure Pro is the processing part of the picture - and whether it's on or off, it doesn't deinstate the quality of the tube itself - 50hz, when was that a problem (it's better than 100hz... at the moment)

it's a given that turning off processing shows up the real tube's quality of design - with Philips, you can turn off the processing, but the tube retains a level of adaptation that is hard to beat - incidentally, the BeoVision doesn't allow you to turn it off (or even control it), but it's understandable why. The configuration is as good as Pixel Plus will ever get for the time being, less the drawbacks

unless someone else has a better explanation - I think you had the pick of a bad bunch of JVC shipments