1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC28AVX4 - Distorted Picture

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by bs9292, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bs9292

bs9292

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently bought new JVC widescreen. On regular 4:3 setting the picture is warped. The vertical edges are curved inwards so that the width of the picture is about 1cm less across the middle of the picture compared to width at top and bottom. The curve is slightly worse on the L-hand side. This is the case on all channels (terrestrial TV or DVD or PS). There are no speakers near TV. I tried moving the TV to the other end of the room and turning it 180 degrees. No effect. The curve is still there and still worse on the L-hand side.
    Supplier agreed to exchange TV. New TV is just the same: if anything slightly worse. Am I missing something? Or is this a quality control issue: JVC using a duff batch of tubes?
    Any observations gratefully received.

2. robshebob

robshebob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

This sound like a geometery set up problem, the same as my JVC when brought :mad: sound like bad quaility control.

You can go into the service menu and adjust but it is very risky, get the shop you brought it from to send out an engineer to adjust.

Let us know how you get on

Rob

3. Contact

Contact
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC are still getting back on their feet right now as they've currently been having some massive changes in the UK. Quality Control did seem to take a bit of a dive, but it should get better soon.

I agree that you shouldn't concern yourself trying to fix it. Wierdly I remember a guy who had several HV32D40's (exchanged everytime the problem was seen) which worked perfectly fine everywhere but at his home (seemed to anyway). Might be worth ringing up JVC themselves for a chat, see what they say.