1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scrapbook, Mar 3, 2002.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the JVC WFT1???

Heres hoping it is all good, as I begining to believe there is no such thing as a TV that works anymore!

Thanks

2. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's a great set! Do a search and see for yourself.

3. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the general concensus is that it's one of the best buys available (especially considering how comparitively inexpensive it is). The "out of the box" 4:3 geometry isn't very pleasant, but it might be possible to remedy this in the service menu.

I made the mistake of paying £250 extra and getting an AV28S2 (also JVC). I thought that it would have the same good performance of the FT1, but with a straighter image. As it turned out, the geometry was absolutely abysmal! and I had to spend a fair bit of time in the SM sorting it out. I did manage to fix it eventually, although I admit it was mostly guess work.

So, I'm pretty confident that an FT1 is a safe buy because the only significant complaints have been about geometry, which (in my experience) can be tweaked. The other thing occasionally mentioned is weedy Nicam sound, but any decent set-up will have a separate amp of some sort anyway. Basically, I think it's fair to say that the FT1 is one of this forums most trouble-free models (the Loewe Aconda is the only set with more praise) and I wish I'd bought one aswell.

One thing I would like to ask FT1 owners is whether or not they have static interference (dotty patterns) at either side of the screen? That's the problem I've been experiencing with my current set and if the FT1 is free of this irritation, then I'll look into exchanging my S2 for it ASAP.....