jvc

steve k

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why JVC machines do not get much of a mention :confused:

The JVC machines are excellent in performance and features but lack one crucial thing: RGB input. This prevents recording in the best possible quality from sources such as Freeview, Sky and NTL. For PC users they also use 'unofficial' resolutions during recording times between 2hrs 30mins and 4hrs which can make importing into DVD authoring programmes difficult.

but they are geat for disc compatibility and very god V F M Big HDD and features like Ilink at a lower price than panny et al but lack of RGB in is a problem otherwise lovely machines....... If only they came in black..........

Why on some of the spec's it says dual scart (with RGB )
It's almost certainly referring to RGB loopthrough and RGB Output on AV1 as opposed to RGB input.

hornydragon said:
If only they came in black..........

The DR-M10 does come in black (as might others from the German retailer technikdirekt.de - if I've spelt that correctly) from Highway Hi-Fi for £190 plus free delivery if UK mainland address.

I believe the MX1 has RGB input as its normal to assume they all have RGB loopthrough and the MX1 is the only one with RGB noted on the Scart input section.Maybe JVC have woken up at last

steve k said:
Why on some of the spec's it says dual scart (with RGB ) this is on the new model JVC DR-MX1SEK have a look on the

What are the editing facillitys like on this machine can anyone tell me
Just looked at the instruction book and it has component out so wouldn't the scarts RGB be the input.
And what audio will it recored can it record 5.1

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom